Friday, October 27, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Thirteen

 


Good morning, my Beautiful Friends!  

Didn't you love this week's devotion?  I know I did!  :D


About thirteen years ago, a graffiti artist here in Birmingham wrote "You Are Beautiful" at several spots around the city.  One of them was painted on the overpass on the Red Mountain Expressway.  People commuting to downtown Birmingham from the southern and eastern suburbs could see it every morning.  It always makes me smile when I see it, and I love that the city did not remove it because most people love it!  You can read more about this story HERE.

I must admit that I really like Ann Voskamp's voice.  I know Ive mentioned it before, but this week's lesson was written exceptionally beautifully!

Here is this week's scripture:


This is from the ESV tranaslation.


We have a PRAISE this week, Prayer Warriors!

Congress elected Mike Johnson as Speaker of the House of Representatives.  We have been praying that God would send us godly leaders, and I think that Mike is just that.  I think it's a miracle, honestly.  I know he's not perfect, and he will make mistakes, but he is a devout Evangelical Christian and a Constitutional attorney.  Let's thank God for not only listening to but answering prayers this weekend.

I will continue our prayer requests on Monday, but please drop any that you may have in the comments section.  

GOD IS SO GOOD!




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

3 comments

  1. Amen to this week's blessings - graffiti grace and praising new leadership! My favorite line from our devotion this week: "Like the wind, grace finds us wherever we are and won't leave us however we were found."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture the beautiful graffiti that was a blessing to you, Ricki Jill!
    I am very thankful that we have a godly man as our new Speaker!! Thank you, Heavenly Father for that wonderful grace.
    Happy Sunday dear prayer warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for our Speaker.. may he stay on the path. The SWAMP is deep in many areas and monsters are always ready to get ya!!! Praying for him to stay the course.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.