Happy Friday, Friends! How was your week? Mine was busy because the house renovation is winding down. This week they have been finishing up our bathroom and painting all the trim and woodwork in our home. I also have been substitute teaching for my art teacher while she's traveling, and I will also teach next week. I'm hoping that our carpeting for our bedrooms will be installed on Monday, and then we get to move back in! Next week will be a wee bit hard for me, but I am so, so thankful that I can get up out of bed, walk without assistance, and do hard things! God has been so good to me. What a difference three short weeks can make!
Didn't y'all just love this week's reflection! I would love to sit by a campfire and make s'mores with Jesus. (Our lesson didn't mention s'mores...that's my add-on). ;P I love the guided imagery, and all the biblical references were wonderful. I hope you take the time to go back and read them, and maybe even read the quoted Psalms in their entireties.
I did not have time to make graphics for all of them, but I already had a few, and I made the graphic for the Psalm of the Week.
Prayer Requests
- Carla requests that we pray for the Wisconsin Guard troops that are stationed in Kuwait that are slowly returning home. All should be back on Wisconsin soil by August. Prayers for safety as they come home and transition back into civilian life.
- Pray for Kris and Terry as they decide where to live when they retire.
- Continue praying for Kitty's son Mike as he continues on his journey of no pain meds. Mike is off of pain meds for several weeks and is weaning off several other prescriptions. Mike is requesting that we pray for his mental health.
- Kitty would like for you to pray that her daughter sells her barndominium and can find a home closer so that she’s not driving two hours a day.
- Rita requests we pray for her brother who had a stroke last June. Pray that he remains strong and stable as he and her SIL navigate changes of selling their home in WV and building a new home near their daughter in TX.
- Pray for Kitty's brother because he has been very ill. He's out of the hospital and currently in a skilled nursing facility. Let's pray that he will continue to improve.
Have a lovely weekend!
We will be moving everything except the heaviest furniture out of our bedrooms and closets in preparation for the carpet installers.
Until next time...
Blessings!
Ricki Jill
Ricki Jill






Happy Friday prayer warriors. Whew what a week. We finally put my MIL in her final resting place this week. The funeral mass was beautiful. She was a women of deep faith and all her kids, grandkids and great grand kids were there to say goodbye. It was a long journey of 7 weeks in Hospice but with patience and trusting God he brought her home. I came down with a throat infection and laryngitis this week. Still hanging on to me. Hoping that will pass soon. I know you have not been feeling great Rita so I hope you are doing better. RJ hope you are doing much better too. I will pray for all intentions. Please say a prayer for Terry. His goal was to work until December to hit the 50 year mark in the fire service. The powers that be with the firefighters union are not going to let him have that so he will be done next month. It is sad that politics get involved with peoples plans and accomplishments. He is saddened he will not have this opportunity to hit the actual day but with how much the fire service has changed this is probably better. Have a great weekend. Hugs Kris
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday, friends. It is with a happy heart I report I am well, and am praying each of you and those in our intentions are too. Itnseems we're all having very busy weeks with things going on at home and with our families. We have experienced some significant Godsends this week relative to my daughter's situation, and continue to put our trust in God. I am sorry Terry's wish to work to 50 years wont be honored and hope there will be a change of management plans so he can.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend. Ricki Jill, be careful with the heavy lifting!
Hello Friends,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you all.
Sam was at Fort McCoy for the past two weeks. He will be home on Saturday.
It was a lot of physical training. We had high heat, in the 90's and the awful smoke.
I am thankful he and his team did well. They earned a patch.
Praise Report
I was fretting about something, it was small, but big to me. God helped me pull through on Wednesday.
I am so thankful.