Monday, February 5, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Twenty-Eight



Happy Monday, Friends!  It poured rain all day yesterday, and it's doing the same in the wee hours of this morning.  I'm not really complaining because we could always use the rain, but it's a very cold, windy, and steady heavy rain, which means I will not leave the house today if I can help it!

Because of the rain, our neighbor's yard is a mud hole.  I was just looking at it: It's a mess over there, and I can see tons of water reflecting in their flood lights.  Ours doesn't look as bad, but I'm just guessing as it's still fairly dark outside.  

So now you know why I'm in a brown mood.  Plus I need lots of coffee this morning before Bible study.  I love this time of day when I'm the only one awake.  :D  I know I'm rambling a bit, but I just wanted to share what I'm thinking about: rain, mud, and coffee.

I have not read the lesson for this week yet...sometimes I do read ahead on Sundays, but I didn't read it yesterday.  Here is the title for this week's lesson and the scripture:





Prayer Requests:

  • Thank-you, God, for your constancy in answering our prayers!
  • Kitty asks that we pray that her Grandson Connor and his dad will make amends; Son Mike will find a job; and Son in law Eric will be able to manage his cervical dystonia.
  • Sam is back to his monthly Drill schedule with the Wisconsin National Guard. Prayer request is for strength and wisdom. Longer drill periods have been set for this year.  Pray for the 157th!
  • A group of Wisconsin National Guard will be deploying to Syria. Please continue to pray for our military and military families.
  • Kris asks that you pray for grand dog Snickers.  She is her daughter Kim's dachshund.  She has major back issues after a seizure a year ago and was doing better but now has had a relapse and cannot walk again.  Hoping and praying the meds will work again and she can resume function. 
  • Remember Rita's daughters in your prayers as they head into their spring semester of graduate studies while working full-time.  She is particularly concerned about their levels of stress.
  • Carla asks that we please pray for COMMON SENSE regarding the border to prevail. And as the Texas National Guard vs. The Border Patrol, may the hearts of these brave sons and daughters not get corrupt by government, but know what is best for the PEOPLE of this beloved country.  Pray for the fallen and the injured in the recent attack on our troops in Jordon.  May our military feel our prayers and support.
  • Pray for the health of all our family members.




Please let me know if I left off a request.  I promise a prettier, less brown post on Friday!






Starbucks has two new drinks for Valentine's Day:  Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Crème Frappuccino® drink or Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Cold Brew.
I've tried the new cold brew, and it is delicious!
Shelley asked me to share  ;P



Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


 

4 comments

  1. Hello my dear friend, sending a sunshine hug to you.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rain stops and the sun pops out! I can’t complain here in Texas as it was a pretty day. I haven’t read the chapter yet either.
    Blessings to our prayer family for this week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for all. Thank you for the prayers for my grand dog. We got some movement in her back legs so that is promising. We are continuing to pray she continues to show improvements. Thank you for all the prayers. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do be sure to read today's devotional- stat- it will surely boost your mood! It's so fun to experience the child-like wonder of littles, and I am so grateful to have Jacqueline to always deliver that. And as for the outside brown and cold, it surely won't be long before the sun comes out and you see small graces of plants emerging! I'm exploring mine each day the sun is out, and it feels like such a gift.
    Have a good week everyone. Prayer lists are front and center!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.