Monday, September 9, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Fifty-Seven


Most of my African violets are blooming now, so I will probably share them in the weeks to come!


Happy Monday, My Lovelies!  Did you have a nice weekend?  What did you do?  I deep cleaned the bathroom adjacent to Trip's home office.  It needed it!  Our daughters call it the Chevron station because it can get gross fairly quickly.  So after that chore was done and dusted, Shelley and I visited a large antique mall and went out to lunch.  

This week's lesson is entitled "cycling grace," and I wish I had a photo of one of Kris's beautiful bikes from one of her previous cottages to share.  Instead I'll share this one:



Here is this week's scripture:



Prayer Requests

  • Continue to pray for Terry and Kris as they decorate, unpack, and get settled into their new home.
  • Carla's son Sam has friends who will be deploying to Iraq. Please be in prayer for our military and military families... this is a Wisconsin National Guard unit that is deploying to Iraq.  Sam is not deploying, but he has friends in this unit.
  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Rita asks for prayers for her sweet daughters as their graduate school semester is beginning.  Pray for them to have a healthy and productive work/school/life balance.  
  • Pray for Christian leadership in our country.  Also pray that God will turn our hearts to him, and he will lavishly bless us with his steadfast love.
  • Please pray for a job opportunity for our oldest daughter Shanley (her post doc will be coming to an end).  Also, our son-in-law Christopher is applying for a CMO position within the pediatric practice/company he works for.  Please pray that God's will be done for their job opportunities.  
  • Rita has a praise regarding helping her SC sister relocate: small signs are pointing toward possible options for an apartment and for the logistics of moving. It's hard, and she's thankful for numerous siblings offering to help!



Have a great week, friends!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. Lol, Chevron station. I cleaned my inbox with more than 6 hrs of paperwork, scanning and shredding. Not glorious, but a glorious feeling afterward. It was a beautiful weekend, and I hope y'all have a beautiful week.
    Our devotion is about serving. I struggle with serving beyond my family. In a world where so many expect handouts, it's a struggle to discern among those who truly need. My question: should it matter, and should we be willing to give and serve, regardless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, do you have a white African Violet? I want that color. :-)

    Sending love and prayers to you all.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no luck with African violets, therefore I’m sure enjoying your beautiful one and look forward to more to come.
    Prayers for all requests, my prayer warrior sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.