Friday, September 27, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Fifty-Nine

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a nice week!  I deep cleaned a few rooms in our home which needed it BADLY!!!  I'm hoping to enjoy the weekend once the rain moves out, and we can watch a little college football outside.  What are your plans?

Didn't you just love "trumpeting grace?"  OMGOODNESS it is one of the best devotions from the book.  If you haven't read it yet I won't post any spoilers, but just know this: Happiness is a choice.  This devotion proves it and you can't prove me wrong with science!  As I type this post, I'm grinning ear to ear, and I know my male Westie is looking at me like I'm crazy.  I think with the rain he just wants to go get back in bed and sleep in an hour or two.  Maybe I am crazy, but that's beside the point.  I'm choosing happiness today and everyday!

Here is this week's scripture:



Prayer Requests:

  • Please be in prayer for those in the path of Hurricane Helene.  Also pray for the first responders and all the Alabama Power linemen standing by to assist.
  • Pray that Kris and Terry's kitchen counters will arrive ASAP.
  • Pray for our military and military families, and the Wisconsin National Guard deployed in Iraq.
  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Rita asks for prayers for her sweet daughters as their graduate school semester is beginning.  Pray for them to have a healthy and productive work/school/life balance.  
  • Pray for Christian leadership in our country.  Also pray that God will turn our hearts to him, and he will lavishly bless us with his steadfast love.
  • Pray for free and fair elections in the Unites States in every precinct! 
  • Please pray for a job opportunity for our oldest daughter Shanley (her post doc will be coming to an end).  Also, our son-in-law Christopher is applying for a CMO position within the pediatric practice/company he works for.  Please pray that God's will be done for their job opportunities.  
  • Rita has a praise regarding helping her SC sister relocate: small signs are pointing toward possible options for an apartment and for the logistics of moving. It's hard, and she's thankful for numerous siblings offering to help!
  • Kitty's granddaughter Cissy was in a car accident this morning on her way to get gas. A pastor found her. Somehow she was able to climb out the window. Molly and Eric are with her at the hospital where they are checking her out. She seems to be ok.  This is both a prayer request and a praise!  



One thing I will be doing this weekend is shopping for a pale green, terracotta, or white pumpkin for a tablescape.  Orange won't work
Wish me luck!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

3 comments

  1. Good morning prayer warriors. I would like to ask for prayers for granddaughter Cissy who was in a car accident this morning on her way to get gas. A pastor found her. Somehow she was able to climb out the window. Molly and Eric are with her at the hospital where they are checking her out. She seems to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Cissy's miracle to be exactly that after all the observing and testing!

    I loved this week's devotion.
    Even we were touched by Helene in a small way, with wind gusts and more rain. Rain! Hallelujah! And it was soft, steady rain. I think we're the farthest northern point of the storm. Prayers for all those impacted.

    Have a good weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.