Happy Friday, Sweet Friends!
Wow, it has been a mixed bag of emotions for our little group! Lovely highs with vacations and wedding plans, and a couple of lows with health concerns.
So the little greeting card, above, is for us all. Right now, I want to lift-up our group, and pray for our health collectively, and pray for Rita and Kris in particular.
We also need to celebrate Sam and Cate because the enemy hates it when we are joyful in the midst of trials. We can multitask because we're women, right?!?!?!
And can you believe that I had workmen in my home yesterday because I was taking a shower and I noticed this:
We literally just moved back into to our bathroom. The lone tile does not even have the same texture not to mention color of the rest of them. So they had to come out and replace it and caulk where the tile meets the tub deck because they had failed to do that, too. I keep thinking that this time will be the last time any of the workers will be in our home.
:/
Have you heard the phrase that God is in the details, or maybe it's the devil is in the details?
At this point, I'm not sure which is the appropriate aphorism.
Compared to most problems, this is nothing. However, we've had so, so many issues like this, both big and small. We are paying a lot of money for their services, and I have spent so much time managing them. I'm tired. Now I understand the phrase "a death of a thousand cuts."
I've also wondered if maybe we're being punked!
I enjoyed the lesson because I liked the guided narrative of approaching and entering His Gates via the temple King Solomon built. I was curious about what a Sinai rosefinch looks like, and you can see one below.
As lovely as the guided narrative was, our prayer reminds us that we (our bodies) are now God's temple thanks to Jesus's gift of the Holy Spirit. What a wonderful truth to grasp and cherish!
Prayer Requests
- Carla requests that we pray for the Wisconsin Guard troops that are stationed in Kuwait that are slowly returning home. All should be back on Wisconsin soil by August. Prayers for safety as they come home and transition back into civilian life.
- Pray for Kris and Terry as they decide where to live when they retire. Pray for Terry because he was mistreated by the union and sent on his way before the end of August. Pray that God will provide him with a job (part time, maybe) that will be both challenging and rewarding.
- Continue praying for Kitty's son Mike as he continues on his journey of no pain meds. Mike is off of pain meds for several weeks and is weaning off several other prescriptions. Mike is requesting that we pray for his mental health.
- Praise: Kitty's daughter has a contract on her home. Let's pray that the closing happens without a hitch.
- Pray for Rita's daughter Megan. Also pray for the purchase and closing of her home.
- Let's pray for all of our health, and for the health of our families.
- Pray for Kris and Terry as they help settle Terry's mother's estate. It's hard work, and having to deal with so many people can be difficult.
- Pray for Carla's son Sam and his fiancée, Cate, who will be married on August 29th. Pray for their plans, wedding, and marriage.
- Pray for the two families affected by suicides in Carla's community.
- Travel mercies for Carla and family as they travel next week for their annual family trip.
- Praise for Kris as she received good results from medical testing yesterday. Also, her Grandson Edmund will be a Big Brother in March! God is so good! Let's lift both mother and baby up in prayer.
- Please lift up Rita in your prayers! Not only is she trying to recover from cyclospora, she also fell and broker her wrist. Pray that she will only need a permanent cast for six weeks, and that she will be able to function left-handed. Pray that she will get the needed rest for her body to heal.
- Pray for Rita's brother's companion Betty who will have a lung biopsy next Friday after a PET scan showed several hot spots. She had breast cancer 5 years ago.
I am so excited because after an early morning appointment to get my hair cut, I have absolutely no plans! I have very few chores, too, so I'm hoping to create a little art this weekend.
Until next time...
Blessings!
Ricki Jill
Ricki Jill






Post a Comment
Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.