Friday, September 11, 2026

Peace With the Psalms, Week Thirty-Seven

 

Being a summer girlie, I always hate to see Labor Day come and go.
One thing that helps lift my spirit is anything pumpkin, especially pumpkin spice latte.


Hello, Friends!

Before I address this week's lesson, please be aware of a few new (and one very urgent) prayer requests.  Thank-you so much for being Prayer Warriors.  I am so thankful for you all.  Also, it's hard to believe that it's been 25 years since the 9/11 attacks on our country.  My prayer on this day is that we will remember, teach, and learn from our history.

With everything that has been going on in our lives, I can't think of a more perfect time to read a lesson about God's sovereignty and omniscience.  Amen!  

But perhaps my favorite part of the lesson is:

"Lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 139:24b)."  And that starts HERE on this planet, not after we pass.

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
~John 17:3

This is one of my very favorite Psalms, and I have included three graphics: The first one has the featured verses from the lesson, and the other two are favorites from the Psalm.











All of these verses focus on the fact that God knows us, loves us, and constantly thinks about us.

I well-up with tears just thinking about Psalm 139!





We have all been incredibly busy lately with family and other things.  I will probably have a busy weekend.  Today will be busy because I have an appointment first thing, and then I'm headed about an hour out of town to a friend's lake house for a book club meeting.

But I am determined to make time for relaxation.  Below is a quote from Matt Haig, and when I read it earlier in the week, I thought about us all.  I think it's good advice to take now and again.

You don't always have to do stuff. Or achieve stuff. You don't have to spend your free time productively. You don't have to be doing Tai Chi and DIY and bread making. Sometimes you can just be and feel things and get through and eat chips and survive, and that is more than enough. 


Prayer Requests

  • URGENT:  Please pray for a dearly loved blogging friend for a miracle for her health and recovery!  
  • Pray for Kris's husband Terry to find something here in Illinois full or part time so they can stay there for a few more years.  UPDATE:  Terry is up hopefully for a good job here in Illinois. Prayers he gets an interview. 
  • Continue praying for Kitty's son Mike as he continues on his journey of no pain meds.  Mike is off of pain meds for several weeks and is weaning off several other prescriptions.  Mike is requesting that we pray for his mental health.  
  • Molly’s contract fell through on the barndominium (Kitty's daughter).  Pray that God will lead the right buyer to purchase her home.
  • Let's pray for all of our health, and for the health of our families.  
  • Pray for Carla's son Sam and his new wife, Cate, who were married on August 29th.  Pray for the happy couple as they begin their new adventure! 
  • Kris's Grandson Edmund will be a Big Brother in March!  God is so good!  Let's lift both mother and baby up in prayer.  UPDATE:  Kimmie was in a car accident, and she had to go to the hospital because the seatbelt cut into her.  She will have a follow-up ultrasound with her OB/GYN.  Pray for her and her baby!
  • Please lift up Rita in your prayers!  We have a praise that she is finally over cyclospora, and her arm feels like it's healing very well.
  • Pray for Rita's brother's companion Betty who was diagnosed with squamous cell from her lung biopsy.  Betty starts radiation on 9/14.  Also pray for Rita's brother Joe;  he will have a prostate biopsy on 10/1. Please lift them both up in prayer. 
  • Kitty's brother is home from the skilled nursing care.  Please pray that he can manage.
  • Pray for Kris's SIL Tim who still needs a job.  He has to test into another hospital system and they do not have an opening until the middle of this month.  
  • Pray for our male Westie Finlay.  His vet found a large mass on his bladder.  He will need further testing to determine the type of tumor and how to proceed.
  • Kris had a fall (just skinned-up), because sometimes her knee goes out on her.  She's also struggling with a shooting nerve issue in her foot and leg.  Pray that she will get the appropriate healthcare so she can feel and move better.
  • Prayers for Rita's precious granddaughter Princess J.  She's having a tonsillectomy today (9/11), and Rita asks that we pray for for steady hands, a smooth procedure, and swift recovery.
  • Please pray for Trip.  He is having a problem with foot drop in his left foot caused by a disc in his back.  Please pray that his foot will improve, and that he will tolerate the steroids prescribed for him.




I'm off to my appointment, and then get a PSL for the road!
Have a lovely weekend!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




1 comment

  1. Boy, you aren't kidding when you say this psalm couldn't be read at a more perfect time for each and all of us! From our individual requests to our solemn remembrance of this day in history 25 yrs ago, I pray we are led in the way everlasting. Thank you Ricki Jill, and my prayer warriors. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.