Friday, December 1, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Eighteen

 






Happy December First, Friends!  
My hope and prayer is that we have the most blessed Advent and Christmas season ever!!!

What are your thoughts about this week's devotion?  I thought it was a bit difficult to follow; I had to read it a couple of times!  But once I focused on her message, I got it.  I thought that Ann was being way to hard on herself, but I get her point that making gratitude a habit is pointless without removing the habit of grumbling.  Also, I loved the C.S. Lewis quote:

If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and correction and it's not so bad.





Here is the scripture:





Prayer Requests

  • Please pray for our family friend Mrs. Powell as she is in the hospital.
  • Kitty asks that we pray that her Grandson Connor and his dad will make amends; Son Mike will find a job; and Son in law Eric will be able to manage his cervical dystonia.
  • Pray that God will keep a hedge of protection around each of our families.
  • Thank-you, God, for your constancy in answering our prayers!
  • Pray for unity in our country, and that God will give us mercy and continue to bless us.
  • Pray that we will have a very blessed Christmas season with family and friends, and that we will be able to focus on what's truly important.



Have the very best weekend, Friends!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. Thank you all for the prayers from our dear Happy Prayer Warriors. My we have time to rest and reflect on the spirit of Christmas together and have a lovely December.
    Lots of love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Advent, everyone. I am happy we are in this season. I am going to introduce a very simplistic concept of Advent to J this year. I look forward to reading inspirational readings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including my prayer requests. May we all have a beautiful Advent season and be able to slow down a bit to enjoy our readings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.