Monday, January 8, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Twenty-Four




Are you having a good Monday, Friends?  Today is our last day of vacation, and I have a little cold.  No fever, just stuffy nose and a little sinus pressure.

This week's devotion is entitled "beautiful grace," and there aren't many things on earth any more beautiful than roses.  I have no idea what the devo is about because my family has been very demanding today.  I'm hoping I'll be able to read it tomorrow when everyone is back at work!

Here is this week's scripture:



Prayer Requests:

  • Kitty asks that we pray that her Grandson Connor and his dad will make amends; Son Mike will find a job; and Son in law Eric will be able to manage his cervical dystonia.
  • Pray that God will keep a hedge of protection around each of our families, especially concerning our health (physical, mental, and spiritual).
  • Thank-you, God, for your constancy in answering our prayers!
  • Pray for unity in our country, and that God will show us mercy and continue to bless us. 
  • Carla has a request for her community as crime is increasing.  She also requests that we pray for courage for the citizens of Cameron.
  • Sam is back to his monthly Drill schedule with the Wisconsin National Guard. Prayer request is for strength and wisdom. Longer drill periods have been set for 2024.  Pray for the 157th!
  • A group of Wisconsin National Guard will be deploying to Syria. Please continue to pray for our military and military families.
  • Please pray that I get over this cold.  Kris has one, too, so pray that we both can get over them quickly!
  • Kris also has great news: Her little grandson will be baptized this Sunday.  Pray for good weather, health, and blessings on this precious day in the life of her family!
  • Kris also asks that you pray for her BIL.  They just found out that he has to have bypass surgery at the end of this month.  He is Terry's oldest brother, and he's only 68 years old. 
  • Pray for my friend Jen's mother Janet who's recovering from two back surgeries since Christmas Eve Eve.  She's in rehab currently.  
  • Rita's husband has had a persistent cough for about three weeks.  Pray that he will get better.  Remember her daughters in your prayers as they head into their spring semester of graduate studies while working full-time.  She is particularly concerned about their levels of stress.


I'm off to make myself something hot and caffeinated.  




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. I am sharing a cold with you and pray yours gets much better in the coming days. Prayers for everyone else. Prayer request is for my little grandson on his baptism day this Sunday. We are getting hit here in Illinois with some monster snow and cold. I guess we have been spoiled long enough. Mother Nature is back from vacation and hitting us hard. I guess it was bound to happen. We have been spoiled here in the midwest for a few months now with spring like weather instead of winter. So now we will buckle up and ride it through the next few months. Happy New Year Prayer Warriors. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for the following requests. Thank you for praying for our Sam and the rest of our military.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Tuesday! Our devo wasn't up on Monday when I checked, and then I became busy, only getting back to it today. I want you all well! Mr. P has had a nagging cough for 3 weeks now. Praying for you all, and ask you to keep my girls in your prayers as they head into their spring semester of graduate studies while working full-time. I know they get stressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.