Friday, May 31, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Forty-Two

 


More peonies.  These are the Performance variety that turn pale pink after a few days.


Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you have had a joyful week.  Can you believe that today is the last day of May?  




This week's devotion is entitled "kindling grace" because the main point of the lesson is how "grief (or trouble) and grace kindle us to the very same flame of gratitude to God."  I think we have all experienced this truth as we've walked with God.  It's the Charles Spurgeon quote about the mercies of health and illness, how there "is no better thing to have a trouble, and know how to get grace enough to bear it," that sums-up this lesson perfectly.

I even enjoyed the imagery of the falling, flaming autumn leaves as "pure flame."



Here is this week's scripture:

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
    and he delivered them from their distress.
He led them by a straight way
    to a city where they could settle.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
    and his wonderful deeds for mankind.
~Psalm 107:6-8




Prayer Requests

  • Rita asks for us to pray for her younger daughter's relationship struggles, and that she will listen to God's spirit within to make the right decisions.
  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Please continue to pray for our military and military families.
  • Continue to pray for Carla's son Sam and the 157th!  Sam is in Louisiana training.  Let's pray that God will help him adjust to the heat and humidity, and avoid the alligators!
  • Please continue to pray for Shanley Belle as she meets with geneticists and physicians.  The information has been overwhelming for her and Christopher.  
  • Pray for Nana Diana's husband, John.  He is being admitted into Mayo Clinic, and we need to pray for discernment and guidance for his medical team.
  • Praise to God for allowing us to live during this time in the greatest Republic the world has ever known.  



I'm sipping tea this morning.  I feel like I need something with lower acidity than my usual coffee.
I'm off to draw something fun in the art studio.
What are your plans for the day?



Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill








3 comments

  1. Hi Ricki Jill, I’m glad you’re so positive about our Republic. I’m trying to see some light.
    I am praying for all and have been praying for Diana and John for several years now.
    Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In keeping with the Memorial holiday week, I am still a day behind, trying to catch up! My weekend has already been busy with a fabulous estate sale that keeps me coming back with daily discounts, whew! I don't like clutter, and feel it's all around me until I get everything catalogued and priced for the booths.
    This kindling grace surprised me a bit in how it played out, but I liked it, especially the Spurgeon quote you mentioned. That really tied it together.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all the requests.

    Sam and team are hanging in there. ;-) A lot of rain lately. And they are out in it most of the day.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.