Friday, August 2, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Fifty-One

 




Happy Friday, Friends, and Hello, August!

It is sooooo hot here in Central Alabama.  I know it's expected because it's summer in the Deep South, however, I really need it to cool down just a wee bit.  After the weeks of rain, it immediately became so hot that I can't garden right now.  It will have to wait!

I was happy to go to art class twice this week (one was a make-up) so overall it's been a fantastic week for me.

What about you?  What did you do this week?

Week Fifty-One's Lesson is entitled "re-membering grace."      Guys, this was a tough one for me to read.  I remember mouth sores and being thankful for "miracle mouthwash."  I also remember being so, so close to God when I was going through treatment.  Sometimes it scares me because I miss the stillness, and I miss the closeness during that time.  I need to be more disciplined to make time to "be still and know."   

In Psalm 50:14 God’s people are told to “offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving.”  We are to give thanks even in the toughest of times!  Ann does this very well, I think.  It seems to be a habit of hers, one I hope to continue to develop.

What are your thoughts about the lesson?


“Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
    fulfill your vows to the Most High."
~Psalm 50:14





Prayer Requests

  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Rita is asking for prayers for a sister of hers who lives alone, geographically far from family. She is in a crisis with her children turning their backs on her in a time of most need. Rita and her siblings are having to find a way to navigate through the messiness of it all and determine how they can help her. She is not in great health either.  Please pray that God will share his wisdom with them as how to help the situation.
  • Kris and her husband Terry found and purchased a darling new townhome close to family and friends.  She and Terry will be updating it in the coming months.  However, they need to sell their condo where they currently live.  Let's pray that God will send the perfect buyer quickly!  Also pray that their move will go as smoothly as possible!
  • Please pray for our military and military families.
  • Pray for Christian leadership in our country.  Also pray that God will turn our hearts to him, and he will lavishly bless us with his steadfast love.



Have a great weekend.
Stay cool!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





3 comments

  1. Thank you for adding my petition for prayer.
    It's so hard to be thankful even when sacrificing greatly, but I really liked Ann's take on re-membering.
    Please add my best friend from grade school - high school to yours prayers, whose husband & love of her life passed away on 7/31. He was just 68.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for all. I appreciate you letting us know what we need to praying for for each of our friends.
    Have a happy weekend ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers my friends.
    The boys are moved. Yay! It all went well. I think we remembered to switch and close all the utilities that needed to be done.

    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.