Monday, August 12, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Fifty-Three

 


Happy Monday, Friends!

How was your weekend?  It was finally cool enough on Sunday morning for us to do a little gardening.  We worked hard!  

I'm up bright and early because I have to be at the hospital at 7:15 for my scan.  I'll be so happy to get it over with!  I haven't read all of this week's lesson, but it's entitled "breathing grace."  I love the scripture: It's one of my favorite Bible verses!  The BBE translation of the Bible stands for Bible in Basic English.  I read a little bit about it, and it sounds interesting!



Prayer Requests

  • Carla's son Sam has friends who will be deploying to Iraq. Please be in prayer for our military and military families... this is a Wisconsin National Guard unit that is deploying to Iraq.  Sam is not deploying, but he has friends in this unit.
  • Kris's husband Terry is in the hospital with an intestinal blockage.  Please pray for a speedy and complete recovery before they move in a couple of weeks.  He also needs to be available for their condo's closing which is scheduled for today.
  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Rita is asking for prayers for a sister of hers who lives alone, geographically far from family. She is in a crisis with her children turning their backs on her in a time of most need. Rita and her siblings are having to find a way to navigate through the messiness of it all and determine how they can help her. She is not in great health either.  Please pray that God will share his wisdom with them as how to help the situation.
  • Pray for Christian leadership in our country.  Also pray that God will turn our hearts to him, and he will lavishly bless us with his steadfast love.
  • Please pray for me the next couple of weeks as I will be getting my six month scans and going to my six month appointments to my medical oncologist and radiology oncologist.  Please pray that all my testing will be negative for cancer, and that my other bloodwork is healthy.  My appointment with my oncologist concerning test results will be on August 28th.



Have a lovely week!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




4 comments

  1. Especially keeping you, Terry & Kris in my prayers this week - breathing grace!

    I also worked outside yesterday, completing a garden project that's actually in my next door neighbor's yard, but will benefit me too! Another neighbor helped me accomplish slinging topsoil and mulch between fences. It should minimize weeding in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for everyone’s requests and thank you always for praying for mine. May you all have a week of breathing grace 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers. Terry is home and back to work. He is doing well. We signed our condo to the new buyers on Monday and will sign on our new place on Friday. Moving out on Thursday. Lots happening this week. Glad Terry is back home and feeling well with all of this going on. Prayers help so much. Thank you all. I will continue to pray for all of those in need. Wow we all have a lot going on.
    Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all the requests. Lots of LOVE to you all.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.