Saturday, August 1, 2026

Peace With the Psalms, Week Thirty-One

 


Happy Saturday and August, Friends!  Wow, I can't believe it's August already, and I can't believe that our house renovation is still going on!  I'm hopeful that they will finish Monday, but who knows?  I've been told that story before.  Once the bathtub panel is installed and the mirrors hung, it should be done.  The only thing outstanding will be a replacement window, but that will be installed from the outside, and then our pretty window shade can be hung.  

It's my plan to clean out our bathroom today (it is one filthy mess) and move everything back in.  

I also want to apologize again about posting a day late.  A tree in our backyard was struck by lightning Monday morning.  It took out all our exterior lighting, stereo equipment, and TV.  It also took out our interior stereo and internet modem and routers.  Our internet equipment was replaced on Monday, but the tech had to come back to make sure that we had the highest speed available from our provider and do another check on our cables.  That and Shelley's birthday celebration prevented me from posting yesterday.

I really felt for Shelley because she took her paid vacation time for Independence Day and her birthday.  When I went into the hospital, all of our plans and most of hers (except those with her friends) were cancelled.  I told her we would have a do-over at the end of the month, and we did!  I took her to the grand opening of LoveShackFancy and we had the best time!  We also went to a couple other shops Shelley likes, and then went out for lunch.

Now on to our lesson...

I think it is timely that our lesson this week is about God's plan for our lives.  Many of us and several of our family members in this group are facing tough decisions and difficult situations.  But God has a plan, and it is up to us to pray to him for guidance.  I really enjoyed the prayer this week, too.

Speaking of prayer, lately I've been reading about how we need to be very specific when we pray.  Be bold in your prayers, Friends, because we don't want God to say to us one day that he didn't give something to us because we never asked for it!  We know that God knows our needs better than we do, but if we are bold, specific, and include "thy will be done," God will answer us! 

Here is the scripture from the lesson, and I included another graphic from Psalm 90.




Prayer Requests

  • Carla requests that we pray for the Wisconsin Guard troops that are stationed in Kuwait that are slowly returning home. All should be back on Wisconsin soil by August.  Prayers for safety as they come home and transition back into civilian life. 
  • Pray for Kris and Terry as they decide where to live when they retire.  Pray for Terry because he was mistreated by the union and sent on his way before the end of August.
  • Continue praying for Kitty's son Mike as he continues on his journey of no pain meds.  Mike is off of pain meds for several weeks and is weaning off several other prescriptions.  Mike is requesting that we pray for his mental health.  
  • Kitty would like for you to pray that her daughter sells her barndominium and can find a home closer so that she’s not driving two hours a day.
  • Rita requests we pray for her brother who had a stroke last June.  Pray that he remains strong and stable as he and her SIL navigate changes of selling their home in WV and building a new home near their daughter in TX.
  • Pray for Kitty's brother because he has been very ill.  He's out of the hospital and currently in a skilled nursing facility.  Let's pray that he will continue to improve.  
  • Travel mercies for Kitty and her family as they travel the next couple of weeks.
  • Pray for Rita's daughter Megan.  Also continue to pray as Rita recovers from clorospora.  Pray that God will continue to heal her and strengthen her as her system acclimates to food again.
  • Let's pray for all of our health, and for the health of our families.  
  • Praise!  Little Starling is two months old now, and is thriving!  She is blessed with two very devoted parents, and grandparents who are totally in love with her!
  • Please pray that these workers will be out of our home this week.  It has been very stressful for all of us, and I think it has stressed our our Westies the most!  
  • Pray for Kris and Terry as they help settle Terry's mother's estate.  It's hard work, and having to deal with so many people can be difficult.  (It took me months to settle my mom's estate.)




As I work this weekend putting our house back together, I will take breaks, drink coffee, and pray for us all.

Have a peaceful weekend!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. It has been and still is a long road to finish up Terry's mom's estate. I think this is going to be awhile. We still are cleaning out her home and getting it ready to be listed for sale. Her financial stuff is being handled by Terry's oldest brother. We all need prayers as he has been difficult to work with on some matters. RJ you have gotten so much done on your home and I know it all is looking beautiful. I know the clean up and having stuff everywhere is always a challenge but you do it with such grace and taking breaks is a great idea with prayer. Thank you for the prayers as we begin this new journey with Terry actually out of the Fire Service. Hoping he will find something part time to fill up some of his days. He is not a person to be a home body. This week's lesson certainly does hit home for all of us. Struggles in all our families seems to be the theme of late. Prayers lifted for all. RJ hope that sweet grand baby is growing and happy everyday. Big Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this moment, I am so grateful for this group, and Ricki Jill, your advice to be BOLD in prayer is well taken! Too often I am vague, and I am changing that going forward! Keeping all your prayer needs specific as I pray for you.♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.