Happy Friday, Friends!
How was your week? Mine was busy, and I plan to rest this weekend. The good news is we have moved everything back into our bathroom. All that's left to do is replace a diverter faucet on our bathtub; touch-up paint; replace a window; and hang a window shade. One day soon, though, there will be no more workers in our house for this renovation, I am sure of it (ha ha).
I love the visualizations in our lessons. In this week's lesson we are tasked to visualize our loving God sitting in his temple and "never taking his eyes off of [us]." I am so comforted knowing that our omniscient Father :
....observes your life through the lens of his Son--the lens of love and mercy.
Yesterday was rough because we realized that yet again our plumber made a mistake, and there was not a "hard stop" on our shower faucet. He came to fix it first thing in the morning, but he really should have checked his work before leaving when he installed it. I was not happy, and I did not show him any mercy. I am tired. I am frustrated. I could've shown him God's love through me, but I didn't. It was definitely a missed opportunity.
And God saw me. Yet he loves me and forgives me, still....
Below is our Psalm of the week and a couple other Bibles verses mentioned in the lesson.
Prayer Requests
- Carla requests that we pray for the Wisconsin Guard troops that are stationed in Kuwait that are slowly returning home. All should be back on Wisconsin soil by August. Prayers for safety as they come home and transition back into civilian life.
- Pray for Kris and Terry as they decide where to live when they retire. Pray for Terry because he was mistreated by the union and sent on his way before the end of August. Pray that God will provide him with a job (part time, maybe) that will be both challenging and rewarding.
- Continue praying for Kitty's son Mike as he continues on his journey of no pain meds. Mike is off of pain meds for several weeks and is weaning off several other prescriptions. Mike is requesting that we pray for his mental health.
- Praise: Kitty's daughter has a contract on her home. Let's pray that the closing happens without a hitch.
- Pray for Rita's daughter Megan. Also continue to pray as Rita recovers from cyclospora. Pray that God will continue to heal her and strengthen her as her system acclimates to food again.
- Let's pray for all of our health, and for the health of our families.
- Pray for Kris and Terry as they help settle Terry's mother's estate. It's hard work, and having to deal with so many people can be difficult.
- Pray for Carla's son Sam and his fiancée, Cate, who will be married the last week of August. Pray for their plans, wedding, and marriage.
- Pray for the two families affected by suicides in Carla's community.




So sorry about the mess up with your plumber and the shower. God understands your frustration and we are only human!!!! Maybe God needed you to lose it on this guy to make a good impact on him. He needs to do better. Maybe with you showing no mercy he will not do this again and learn by his mistake. We got my MIL's home all cleared out and next week it is going to get a deep clean and then listed for sale. It is amazing how many things need to be done to close out someone's things after dying. Please say a prayer for Terry. He was let go because of politics and union strong hold. They are not going to honor his contract until December. He had to leave that day without even clearing out his office etc. We had to get him a car since his car was his chief's car. We are scrambling to get things settled. now. So stressful and frustrating. Trying to navigate getting into Medicare and all that entails. He is hoping to find something part time to do which is why I need the prayers for him. He is like a fish out of water and does not want to be home and not having something to do. We just thought we would have a little more time with his contract expiring in December to see what our next part of the journey would be. We would love to stay here for a year or two if he can find something to do. If not then we may be looking at moving and now that the time has been cut short to look in areas that is stressful too. I tell ya life should not be this crazy and hard. Hope everyone else is doing good. Hope you are feeling good RJ. I know Rita is over her illness thank you God. Hugs and prayers continue. Love you all Kris
ReplyDeleteHopefully your home will be free of workers so, Ricki Jill! I’m so sorry about the plumber’s mistake.
ReplyDeleteI lived this hopeful lesson this week of God always watching over us, along with His angels there for protection.
Molly does have a contract on the barndominim as long as the buyers sell some land that they own and she has found a home that hopefully they can put a contract on.
My brother is actually home now. I’m not sure how well he is able to care for himself but he’s refusing any in home visits.
Have a beautiful weekend, friends! Thank you for prayers as we traveled to and from Colorado for our family vacation. I am so grateful.
Prayers for all of you and your requests.
I love this week's psalm. We NEED God our Father watching over our country, let alone our individual lives.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate everyone's prayers. Just when I thought this bug was totally gone (and I misspoke calling it clorospora, it is cyclospora), I seem to get these waves of digestive upset, reminding me I may not be totally well. I have appreciated all the prayers for both me and my daughter Megan. I am keeping up with each of your intentions, and pray for you all daily (and nightly).
Hello Friends,
ReplyDeletePlease pray for our Sam, our military son. He and his sweetheart are planning a small wedding for the last week of August. You might remember they were to get married last year and it did not happen. Deployments can be difficult, and Cate had a very hard time when Sam was deployed. Thankfully, with love, prayer and counsel they are ready.
They want to keep it simple and small.
I will tell you more as the time comes. I just ask for prayer that all the planning (even if it is small) will go well.
Thank you so much prayer warriors.
On a sad note, we had two suicides in our area this past week. A 15 year old boy who attends our local public school. And a young father of 3 little girls. He leaves behind the little girls, triplets 4 years old and his sweet wife. I worked with the wives mom. While working with her, her daughter got married and later had the triplets.
It is all heartbreaking.
Thank you again.
Love, Carla