Friday, June 16, 2023

TLWS: Friday, Week Forty-Six

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  Have you had a nice week?  We've had tons of rain and thunderstorms, and a few have been severe in our state and city.  Our Flag Day Ceremony at our local library had to be rescheduled, unfortunately.

I enjoyed today's lesson, The Paradox of Unanswered Prayer, and I found it very encouraging.  I think I will write down a few unanswered prayers in my prayer journal this weekend, and write a reminder on my calendar at the end of December to look back and see how God has answered them.

There are several lovely scriptural references Maggie shares in her Points of Connection, and if you haven't read them yet, I encourage you to do so.  The verse I'm sharing in this post is one I've read a couple of times (from other sources) this week.  When that happens, I tend to pay attention!




I already had several of the scriptural references made into graphics, and I'm sharing them below.


from The Message











Prayer Requests:

  • Let's pray for Kitty's grandsons, Riley and Connor.  Do you have any updates, Kitty?
  • Continue to pray for Sam and the 157th.
  • Pray for our nation, and pray that God will send us brave, courageous, and godly men to lead us.
  • Pray for the MLB players who are courageously standing-up for decency.
  • I also want us to pray for each other, that we won't get discouraged.
  • Last Saturday, our White House hosted a demon fest, and the cherry on top of this evil display was the desecration our American flag.  I pray that God will cleanse the rot from our halls of power, and that He will call all Americans to come closer to Him.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

3 comments

  1. Happy Friday, Ricki Jill. Thank you for the graphics with the verses. This morning I saw a bald eagle on my walk, just across from our beautiful capitol building, perched on a neighbor's dock pylon! It was an exhilarating first sighting in real life for me!
    Please add my bil (Don) to the prayer list. He is scheduled for surgery 6/26. but the first necessary clearance from the pulmonologist didn't go so well, will need a scan next week, along with a cardiologist clearance and pre-op testing appts after..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Ricki Jill! Connor is home for good from the Marines and Riley is safe in South Korea. Thank you for asking. I will continue to pray for all of our requests and and that we get leaders with morals and integrity. I’d still like to pray for my DIL, Julie, that she will find it in her heart to be able to join in on family times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for our nation... we are in dark times and you are right we need to pray for each other to keep the light.
    I just had my friend Angie over for tea and a chocolate cupcake. She shared with my how heavy she is feeling, and starting to no longer care. Why keep the fight.. we never seem to win are her words.

    You are right...
    We MUST pray for each other, that we won't get discouraged.
    Stay on the Path my friends.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.