Monday, August 7, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Two

 




Good morning, Friends!  I want to thank you so much for your travel mercy prayers for Trip and me:  We had a lovely (although quick) visit with friends in New Orleans!  How was your weekend?

This week's devotion is entitled "choosing grace."  I'm not sure what is meant by this because I haven't read ahead...I don't know if it's about choosing to extend grace to others, or to accept God's gift of grace.  We should definitely practice both!  Maybe the scripture from the lesson (below) gives us a hint:





Prayer Requests

  • Please pray for Kitty's DIL that she will want to participate in family events.  Let's not give up!  Let's bombard God with prayers that He'll turn her heart!
  • From Rita: Friends, please pray for my daughter's personal marriage/family situation. She needs strength, wisdom and encouragement for her stressful situation. Thank you.



I need lots of coffee this morning because I'm tired, and I have several errands and chores to do!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





5 comments

  1. Good Morning sweet prayer warriors. Need some prayers for our sweet little grand dog of my youngest daughter Kim. Her sweet dachshund had a Grand Mal Seizure last week and it through her into IVDD. A major disc problem in her back. She has been paralyzed for almost a week. They are trying medications to help her and I need prayers that God will let the medications do the trick to bring her back around. She cannot have the surgery due to her seizure disorder so we have to hope the medications will work. Otherwise she will have a paralyzed sweet pup and a new baby coming in a few months. Lots of stress on her right now. Thank you for the prayers. Been in contact with Rita and prayers for her situation with family. Praying for Kitty and his DIL. I know God hears our prayers so thank you so much. Hope all is good with you Rita. Glad you got away to visit with family in New Orleans. Happy New Week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, prayerful friends! Let's make this a good week. I have just read our week 2, and it's about choosing to accept God's grace, even when we may think He has dumped sorrowful times and situations our way. How timely for all of us! We're under tornado watch today, so I'll be praying for God's grace to spare us from all the dangers lurking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all and the above request from Kris.
    Lots of love and prayers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi prayer warriors! You are remembered in my daily prayers with your requests. Love and blessings for a beautiful week of God’s grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to ask for prayers for my SIL, Eric, who has cervical dystonia. After waiting forever to see a neurologist and then having to wait weeks to get Botox treatment on the areas, he’s still in so much pain. He may need to get a brain stimulator and yesterday the doctor told him that even with that, he may have only 4-5 years. Please pray for my daughter, Molly, who is so positive, that she will remain positive. Thank you, friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.