Friday, August 4, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week One

 

Happy Friday, Friends!  

I hope you've started our new devotional: One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.   I read the introduction and Devotion One.  I can't tell you how happy I am to start this study: I think it will be life-changing for all of us.  I'm so excited!  

I also downloaded the freebies from Ann's website, and I went to Kinko's and printed everything out on cardstock and high quality paper.



I have a binder for the originals and the pink one is for the Daily Gifts handouts.  I doubt I'll fill out the Daily Gifts each day, but I hope to do it at least two or three times weekly.

I love the idea of the gift jar, too.



I decided to use a crate I made a few years ago instead of a jar because I don't have an empty jar.  All my jars are filled with art supplies, like oil paint mediums, etc.



I have tiny little file folders for each month.  August is ready!



I placed the little slips of paper in a yogurt pot.


I'm also looking forward to filling out the one thousand gifts numbered list in the back of the devotional.  :D Have you started your list yet?  

This week Ann shared a "surprising grace" in the devotion.  Can you share an instance when you were expecting one outcome only to have God completely surprise you with His grace?

The lesson also touches upon how thanking God is a sacrifice (not just the literal levitical sacrifice), especially under certain circumstances.   This is illustrated in this verse:

Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High.  
~Psalm 50:14

There are several biblical references in the devotion, and here is one of them:



One gift I cherish is the honor to pray with y'all.  Here are this week's Prayer Requests:

  • Please pray for Kitty's DIL that she will want to participate in family events.  Let's not give up!  Let's bombard God with prayers that He'll turn her heart!
  • From Rita: Friends, please pray for my daughter's personal marriage/family situation. She needs strength, wisdom and encouragement for her stressful situation. Thank you.
  • I have a praise: All my health test results are fantastic!  God is so good.  Also, please pray for travel mercies for Trip and me as we're going to New Orleans today for the weekend.







Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

4 comments

  1. I'm so jelly of your organization of all the downloads, but I'm grateful for your suggestions of going to Kinko's to copy them. What a great idea! I need to go get some quality cardstock and do the same - thanks for the tip! You little carryall with folders is adorable.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can figure out how to download and then copy at Kinko’s.
    I did start filling out the back of the book with my graces of thankfulness. I need to remember to give more thanks each day to Our Lord. 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful and you are so organized. Your little folders in the carrying box is so sweet. I prayed hard for a friend that was going through something that really needed a small miracle and the power of prayer did just that. Ohhhhh when God shows off and does these wonderful mercies. Love and life is good. I am catching up on my readings. Summer is so busy for me and I have to tell myself to slow down and do the small important things. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise Report ... the 157th are back on Wisconsin soil. Please be in prayer for them as they transition into civilian life.
    Sam saw many children with missing limbs. He has a heart for children, this broke is heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.