Friday, November 17, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Sixteen

 

Give thanks for the little things.


Hello, Friends!  Some of us have had a challenging week, but I'll get to that in a bit.  First of all, it seems like each devotion gets better and better.  Entitled "praying grace," I was reminded of Daniel and his commitment to prayer and praise.  Can you imagine how it would change us if we were as dedicated as Daniel to pray and give our thanksgiving to God?  Ann also shared wonderful scripture.  Please read all of them below.


I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:
    You have given me wisdom and power.
~Daniel 2:23


Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
~Daniel 6:10





Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
~Philippians 4:6


I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people.
~1 Timothy 2:1





I will praise God’s name in song
    and glorify him with thanksgiving.
~Psalm 69:30


And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord."
~Luke 1:46






Prayer Requests

  • Let's thank God and praise him that Rita's daughters are finished with their semester's work. They are relieved and currently stress free!
  • Please pray for Kitty's DIL, Julie, that her heart will change; for SIL, Eric, that he will see some relief for his cervical dystonia; and for her son, Mike, that he will get a job.
  • Pray for Trip as he's traveling home from Minneapolis today.
  • Pray that God will place hedges of protection around all family members of every reader of this blog.  I feel like we are under attack.
  • Please pray for Kris as she has a very nasty case of COVID.  Pray that she can get relief from her coughing, and that she can get healing rest.  Also pray that God will comfort and heal her immediately!
  • Please pray for me because my heart rate has been dropping very low, and my doctor has ordered me to wear a monitor for two weeks.  

Thank you so much for your commitment to prayer.  I am so thankful for you all!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. Oh, my dear friends! I will pray for you as soon as I finish writing this, and continue until I know you are both better. I'm sorry to hear this news from you & Kris today. Take care. I hope it's a simple thing for you, and that Kris' Covid goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and prayers to all my Happy Warriors.
    Please give us an update on how all are doing, thank you.

    Prayer request for next week, our family will be traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for Kris and for you, Ricki Jill. May we remember to give thanks in all things. Have a beautiful weekend, dear prayer warriors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.