Friday, June 7, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Forty-Three

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How has your week been?  I've been spending most of my time this week cooking and putting up vegetables for winter.  I'm turning into my grandmother!


This week's devotion is entitled "endless grace."  I thought it was such a sweet lesson.  Ann chooses to put aside the chores focus on holding her sleeping child and committing to memory her daughter's precious features.  I can remember when Shanley Belle was a newborn, and I'd get up in the wee hours for the early, early feedings.  I can remember watching Elizabeth Vargas on the (very early) news, and hoping and praying that God would bless me by helping me to remember those precious moments.  And in His Goodness, He did!

Here is this week's scripture:



Also mentioned in the lesson:


Perfect love casts out all fear.


That quote was taken from:



Prayer Requests:

  • Rita asks for us to pray for her younger daughter's relationship struggles, and that she will listen to God's spirit within to make the right decisions.
  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Please continue to pray for our military and military families.
  • Continue to pray for Carla's son Sam and the 157th!  Sam is in Louisiana training.  It's hot there, y'all!  Pray that he will stay hydrated. 
  • Please continue to pray for Shanley Belle and Christopher.  Also, pray for Trip and our daughter Shelley as they will have their genetic testing soon. 
  • Pray for Nana Diana's husband, John.  He is being admitted into Mayo Clinic, and we need to pray for discernment and guidance for his medical team.
  • Praise to God for allowing us to live during this time in the greatest Republic the world has ever known.  
  • Kitty asks for us to pray for travel mercies for her and her whole family before and during their vacation to Cancun on June 9th-13th (they are leaving Sunday).  





Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





3 comments

  1. This was a good lesson for me this week, especially when considering the opposit of endless grace, as per Ann's writing: " Stress can be an addiction and worry can be our lunge for control and we forget the answer to this moment." Powerful!
    Have a great weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Rita’s thoughts on stress; so true and I need to remember.
    Thank you prayer family for including me in your prayers and I’ll be pray for you too.
    Much love to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers. Sam and team are doing well. They are sunburned and not used to the red ants... Wisconsin does not have red ants. ;-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.