Friday, July 26, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Fifty

 





Happy Friday, My Lovelies!  We are still in this rainy/stormy weather pattern.  I haven't been able to garden in at least three weeks, and everything outside is very green, including our hardscaping.  Moss is everywhere!  Yesterday was such a bad day that a tree fell across the street in front of Shelley and me, and the power lines supported it until they started breaking and catching on fire.  We had to change our route, and I ended up with two flat tires.  What a day!

Needless to say, I'm staying home today while my car is in the shop, and I'll attempt to get chores and other projects done.  I'm sad, though, that I'll miss my art class!

This week's lesson is entitled "strained grace."  I like that Ann related this lesson to music, and that so much in our world is composed of vibrations.  "Music is made in stress."  She also relates a stressful, strained situation with her husband.  This one is deep, and I did enjoy it.  What are your thoughts?

Here is our scripture for the week:



Prayer Requests:

  • Please pray for our youngest daughter, Shelley.  She is hurting right now due to a situation at work (one of her best friends is quitting because of it). 
  • Please pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 for our country.  I truly believe in the power of praying scripture!  Also pray for the safety of our leaders, President Trump, and their families.
  • Pray for Kitty's son Mike to get a job. AI has taken away many jobs in his industry.  Mike might have the opportunity to redo a game with a friends.  Let's pray that this works out for him, and it will lead to more opportunities.
  • Kris and her husband Terry found and purchased a darling new townhome close to family and friends.  She and Terry will be updating it in the coming months.  However, they need to sell their condo where they currently live.  Let's pray that God will send the perfect buyer quickly!
  • Please pray for our military and military families.
  • Rita has a praise about for her girlfriend Nancy.  She's out of the hospital and recovering at home.  She adopted her two granddaughters (now 12 and 10) 3 yrs ago when her daughter died. Please pray she recovers fully and that her clots in her lungs will be absorbed.
  • Trip tested positive for Lynch Syndrome.  Shelley needs to be tested, but she is hesitant.  Please pray that she will be negative.  





Notice I've added a page on this blog.  It is our reading schedule for Jesus Listens for Advent & Christmas.  We will begin reading it and praying along together on October 7.

Have a great weekend!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. Good morning, friends! It sounds like you’ve had some stressful days, Ricki Jill, with the tree falling, power lines catching on fire, two flat tires, and all that rain. You need some sunshine.
    I did read Strained Grace, and as I’ve mentioned before, it’s like I’m reading Ann’s diary.
    Prayers be with each of you and may you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inwill certainly.pray for Shelley's needs! How scary to have been near the tree that fell!! Your guardian angels were apparently on high alert and quite attentive - thankfully!
    Strained grace was a good read. I think we've all felt it, lived it. I must ask for prayers for a sister of mine who lives alone, geographically far from family. She is in a crisis with her children turning their backs on her in a time of most need. My siblings and I are having to find a way to navigate through the messiness of it all and determine how we can help her. She is not in great health either.
    Have a blessed weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I am excited for the Advent calendar and new page! Thank you Ricki Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God you and your daughter are alright. That is scary!!! And all the other junk with the flat tires, rain, rain, rain, rain... it all adds up. Sending hugs.

    Prayer Request...
    I have a friend who lives 30 miles from the big fire in California. Pray for safety for the firefighters, citizens and for RAIN!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.