Friday, December 23, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Twenty-One

 


Happy Christmas Eve Eve, Friends!  I can remember my mom always calling December 23rd Christmas Eve Eve and it would make me so excited knowing Christmas was only two days away.

This week's reflection really hit home with me.  I had never felt invisible in my life until I had cancer.  When you're in public wearing a chemo cap, no one looks at you.  No one.  It was amazing!  I could've stolen thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from stores and no one would've noticed.  I could've gotten away with it!  It was the strangest thing for me to witness, and it made me wonder if I had ever treated (obvious) cancer patients that way.

So many people are lonely, especially during Christmas.  Let's all try to be better to each other and take the time to notice those who go unnoticed.




Here are this week's biblical references:

Just then his disciples came back. They were shocked. They couldn’t believe he was talking with that kind of a woman. No one said what they were all thinking, but their faces showed it.
~John 4:27 (MSG)

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
~Luke 12:6-7




Prayer Requests:

  • Carla asks us to pray for our linemen: they are working so hard in difficult weather to restore power for all; for safety and wisdom for those who need to travel; and for her family as they are going to have to rearrange their Christmas weekend plans.
  • Pray for Sam as he serves his country in Africa.
  • Pray for the health of our families, and that we will all find joy and peace during Christmas.
  • Kris's husband Terry is looking for a job.  Please pray for him as he interviews.
  • Also, pray for those who are vulnerable to the record cold temperatures expected for Christmas weekend.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





2 comments

  1. What a reflection on your experience. I will try to do better for those I see who are obviously going through treatment. This past week I took my daughter & granddaughter to dinner at a Cafe before seeing Santa. The patrons were all older folks, by themselves, and it was sad. I made it a point to stop and wish those closest to our table a Merry Christmas. J seemed to cheer them with her social antics while at the table, which made us all smile at each other.

    We have stupid cold here, with many out of power, and not just in rural areas (trees fell in residential hill sections with the gusting winds). A 22 yr old electrician apprentice was killed working a line in a nearby county. Please pray for his family.

    Merry Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I appreciated what you shared today. Thank you. I will check myself!!!
    I also agree, so many are lonely this time of year.
    My grandpa struggled with this holiday season. His father committed suicide and he found him. Christmas was always a difficult time for my Grandpa.

    My prayers are with all of us trying to thaw out.
    Love to you! Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.