Friday, December 30, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Twenty'Two

 

Happy Friday, Friends!  As 2022 winds down, I like that our reflection this week is based on integrity.  The Life Line on page 102 states:

Integrity is doing the right thing for the right reason as we align our actions with God's character.

Another definition I've heard for integrity (and appreciated) is that integrity means doing what's right when no one else is around.

Here are the scriptural references from the Book of Wisdom:

The integrity of the upright guides them,
    but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
Proverbs 11:3

Better the poor whose walk is blameless
    than a fool whose lips are perverse.
Proverbs 19:1

The righteous lead blameless lives;
    blessed are their children after them.
Proverbs 20:7




Prayer requests?

  • Let's continue to pray for travel mercies as folks travel through the new year.
  • Carla reminds us to travel for those affected by the winter storm.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



2 comments

  1. Hello, I appreciated what you shared here ... "Another definition I've heard for integrity (and appreciated) is that integrity means doing what's right when no one else is around."
    True indeed.
    Thank you my friend for continuing to keep going with the Happy Prayer Warriors, I appreciate our prayer group.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also appreciate our prayer group. You are all some of the first I want to share with, whether it's a request or praise. This Friday I pray my #1 daughter recovers quickly from Covid, and that no other family members get it as a result of our being together Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, esp my immunocompromised family members.
    I feel like my husband lives with great integrity, particularly in the work he did for so many years. I worked with him on a part-time basis for several years, and saw his testimony from reports we prepared for clients. Imagine the shock when I encountered a female attorney (who was a classmate of a sister of mine), who stopped to talk with me as she was walking the neighborhood, and once she realized who my husband was, just burst out, "oh he was such a liar". I said, "No, a liar is one thing he is not and never will be!". She was a defense atty who had deposed him, didn't like what he said, and then never paid the billable hours he invoiced for the deposition!
    "The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity". Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.