Friday, February 10, 2023

TLWS: Friday, Week Twenty-Eight




 

Happy Friday, Friends!  This week's lesson was a tough one, wasn't it!  I'm still hurting from a few "friendship fails."  I've lost friends over petty things, and I've had a couple of friends who have broken my heart.  The lifeline for this reflection is one of the best ones in the book so far:

The greatest temptation to sin can come after we've been sinned against.  
This Life We Share, page 134

As always, there's great wisdom in this week's scripture, too.  I've included Matthew 6 in the sidebar.

Wealth attracts many friends,
    but even the closest friend of the poor person deserts them.
 A false witness will not go unpunished,
    and whoever pours out lies will not go free.
Many curry favor with a ruler,
    and everyone is the friend of one who gives gifts.
~Proverbs 19:4-6

Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.  Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children,  to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
~Titus 2:3-5


I always enjoy studying the Book of Proverbs because it's the book of wisdom.

My question for you today is this:  How have "friendship fails" actually been a blessings in disguise?  


Prayer Requests?  Here are a few for the weekend; feel free to add new ones in comments.

  • Kris would like for us to pray for Terry's work opportunities.  He had an interview Wednesday morning.  Continue to pray for her mother-in-law's recovery from minor surgery.
  • Carla requests that we pray for our nation and the world, it seems to be on fire. Spy balloons, war, high prices for our food, fuel and other energy.
  • Let's pray for Rita because she helps and cares for so many in her family.
  • Please pray for Kitty's son that he gets a job and for her family that they can be United.

Praises:

  • Carla is feeling better as she's managing her pain!
  • I was released from PT Wednesday!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




3 comments

  1. Hello,
    My question for you today is this: How have "friendship fails" actually been a blessings in disguise?  
    I sadly tried to PLEASE a 'friend' for many years. I NEVER could do it right. In all honesty she was toxic, but I was blinded and felt that I needed to be her friend and be liked by her.
    I finally walked away, it was not easy, but it was the best decision in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ricki Kill! I’m so happy for you in being released from PT. I can’t say that I’ve ever had friendship fails, but I have been broken hearted over family relationships for sure. The only blessing I find is that I pray, pray, pray.
    I hope you have a beautiful weekend. I’d certainly drink some hot chocolate and eat delicious cookies with you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being released from PT! I hope you feel it was good and worthwhile. Friendship fails are good in that we learn the true colors of those we thought to be our friends. It helps us move on. I've had it happen with neighbors and marriage partner. Both were very hurtful. But I learned from both. And I've also witnessed fails with other family members. It's hard.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.