Friday, February 17, 2023

TLWS: Friday, Week Twenty-Nine

 


Happy Friday, Friends!

Spring is arriving in our neighborhood as we enjoy forsythia, tulip magnolias, and daffodils all over.  Are the early harbingers of spring blooming in your neck of the woods?

This week's lesson is about mentoring.  Have you ever been mentored or been a mentee?  

Here's a look at this week's scripture:



As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.
~Proverbs 27:17

...that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.
~Romans 1:12


I also encourage you to read Titus 2.


Prayer Requests:

I have been very distressed this week about how the people in East Palestine, Ohio are suffering from the "train derailment" debacle.  Our federal government is sending billions to Ukraine, yet is refusing to help this community.  This tells you all you need to know about how our government feels about us:  They hate us.

Let's hold these people close to our hearts and pray for them.  Let's pray that God will care for them because he can take care of the problem with a single thought.

Please pray for:

  • Kris would like for us to pray for Terry's work opportunities.  Do you have an update, Kris?
  • Carla requests that we pray for our nation and the world, it seems to be on fire. Spy balloons, war, high prices for our food, fuel and other energy.  Don't forget to pray for Sam!  She will be traveling today to visit her sister for the weekend. She asks for prayers for travel and for their weekend stay. Her mom has not been well, and they I will be discussing care options during the weekend. Praying for wisdom as to how to help her dad with her mom's health issues.
  • Let's pray for Rita because she helps and cares for so many in her family.
  • Please pray for Kitty's son that he gets a job and for her family that they can be United.
  • My mammograms were so good that I don't need another one for a year.  I will also have a body scan soon due to back pain out of an abundance of caution.  My doctors think I have a pulled muscle, but they want to be certain.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



4 comments

  1. Hi my friend! I’m also upset about how the people of East Palestine are being treated. It’s just so unbelievable that this is happening while millions of dollars are sent to Ukraine.
    I will continue to pray for all the prayer requests of our friends and you. I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping all the prayers in my heart and head. Amen to your thoughts on our govt's treatment of East Palestine folks. I have been blessed to having been mentored and mentoring others, and am grateful for both opportunities. Spring signs are all around us, but full blooms everywhere are not quite, just acatteres. On Th-Fr we had over 3" of rain and lots of areas flooded. Grateful my family members were spared who live near rivers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, amd si g I ng praises for your mammogram! I wanted to ask but was hesitant. That's spectacular news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Keeping all in my prayers. And I agree with you about what happened in East Palestine. This continues to break my heart. I do pray our nation can rise above this evil.

    You may remember my stories about Marv, my dear gardening mentor. I shared many a blog post about him. He was a Korean War Veteran. I shared a few stories on the blog with him and Sam.

    I am so excited about your good news!!! Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.