Friday, March 24, 2023

TLWS: Friday, Week Thirty-Four

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How have your first days of spring been so far?  We've had the most beautiful blue sky here in Central Alabama!  



This week's reflection is about caregiving, especially taking care of little ones.  I would love the opportunity to take care of a few little ones!  Sometimes it's hard to find devo time when we're taking care of others, but it's important to make the time for our spiritual growth.  


Here's some selected scripture from the lesson:

 
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.  For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,  I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

~Matthew 25:40-45




I love this section of the Bible.  Jesus is cooking for the disciples on a beach, and he asks Peter three times if Peter loves him.  Jesus did this because Peter denied Jesus three times, and he wanted to restore Peter.  I think it's so sweet!  I know that isn't why Maggie chose this verse for the reflection, but I just wanted to share why I like it.



I want to get a fresh prayer request list.  If you still want to pray for things that have been on the list for a few weeks, that's fine, just put it in comments or an email and we'll start with a fresh list on Monday.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




3 comments

  1. I must continue to ask prayer for various family members - the aged with chronic health issues, members with short-term health needs for healing, and for the grandbaby, whose necessary daycare is literally a petri dish for ongoing viruses. Lord, with your help I pray each one of my loved ones - and their caretakers - can cope and conquer these matters and enjoy a healthy, new season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My requests are still the same, but we ate traveling to Houston next Wednesday for Kristen’s mom’s memorial service and please pray for safe travels and that all goes well. Thank you! Love and blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I ask for continued prayer for our military all around the world. For our leaders to make wise decisions and to not use our military for a 'war game'.

    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.