Friday, September 29, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Nine

 


Good Morning, Friends!  I apologize for posting so late in the morning (currently 8:36 CDT), but I think you'll forgive me because it is the most beautiful and cool morning ever!  I've been enjoying the backyard activity of the birds and other creatures while my Westies glare at me because they want to go for walkies.  They will have to wait a wee bit longer this morning.

So what did you think about this week's devotion?  How did you do with slowing down and meeting God in the moment?  I'll admit it was a struggle for me because I had a busy week.  If anything it made me realize that I shouldn't overbook myself, and I should use the same rule I used when the girls were little: if one thing is added to the family calendar, another most be removed.

I'd really like to read about your week, so please leave a comment about it!

Below is this week's scripture:



Prayer Requests

First of all I'd like to thank y'all for praying for Shanley Belle and Christopher: They had a fantastic trip!  The trip was planned for Shanley Belle to present her research at a college at Oxford University.  Just days before the conference, the college was shut down due to an environmental hazard, and the organizers couldn't find a replacement venue.  Shanley Belle was VERY disappointed, but they were able to go on the trip in spite of the cancellation, and tour Oxford, the Cotswolds, and Scotland.

  • Pray for Kris's daughter Kim as she only has about two more weeks until she gives birth to her first child.  Let's pray for an easy labor and delivery, and a healthy, happy mom and baby!
  • Pray that the division in our country ends, and that we can truly be one nation under God, and indivisible.
  • Let's continue to pray for our gold star families and our active military.  This past weekend was gold star family weekend.
  • Please pray for Kitty's DIL, Julie, that her heart will change; for SIL, Eric, that he will see some relief for his cervical dystonia; and for her son, Mike, that he will get a job.
  • Carla reminds us that it's not too early to pray for an honest election for all sides running, and that everyone that wants to run can have a fair go at it.

I hope I didn't forget any, but if I did, please add your prayer requests in comments and I will update the list.



Now off to make myself a pumpkin spice latte!  


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill








3 comments

  1. Sorry to hear about Shanley Belle not being able to present her research. Happy they had a good trip despite the mishap. Thanks for the prayers for our new grand baby to come soon. Happy Friday. Have a wonderful weekend, Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Saturday morning! Typical of myself, I let yesterday get in the way of me reading your recap post, even though I had the tab open all day! That speaks to the lesson directly, I do believe.
    So glad Shanley Belle and Christopher's trip was good in spite of the hiccup. Speaking of, my sil and bil are on a Viking cruise thay has been nothing short of disastrous. They both got Covid and were quarantined in their stateroom days 4-9, and last night my bil had a gallbladder flare up, is in hospital somewhere in Italy, amd they will.miss their flight home! Prayers they can treat with meds and just get them home!
    Please also keep my girls in your prayers. They are both in graduate school and working f/t (one being a f/t momma), and are feeling a lot of stress currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all... so happy to hear things worked out for Shanley Belle and Christopher!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.