Monday, September 4, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Six

 


Happy Labor Day, Friends!  Do you have special plans today?  We're planning to grill later, watch baseball, and maybe take a boat ride.

This week's devotion focuses on Psalm 131.  

My heart is not proud, Lord,
    my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
    or things too wonderful for me.
But I have calmed and quieted myself,
    I am like a weaned child with its mother;
    like a weaned child I am content.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord
    both now and forevermore.

~Psalm 131

Psalm 131 was written by David.  It's a song of ascent, which means it was written to sing while walking uphill.  I should note that in order to reach Jerusalem one had to walk uphill.




Prayer Requests:

  • Pray for the people suffering in Maui.  Let God shed light on the truth of what happened there.
  • Pray for Kris's daughter Kim as she only has about five more weeks until she gives birth to her first child.  Let's pray for an easy labor and delivery, and a healthy, happy mom and baby!
  • Please, God, send us strong leaders who will put you first and then the citizens of our country.
  • Pray that the division in our country ends, and that we can truly be one nation under God, and indivisible.
  • Let's continue to pray for our gold star families and our active military.
  • Please pray for Kitty's DIL, Julie, that her heart will change; for SIL, Eric, that he will see some relief for his cervical dystonia; and for her son, Mike, that he will get a job.




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. I'm so messed up with my days. I just read our inspiration prompt, thinking it was Monday! We enjoyed a boat ride yesterday with my daughters, 1 sil (the other had to work), and baby J. Anyway, our prompt is a good one for the anxious heart, which I so often feel. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new week to all our Prayer Warriors! May we continue to shine our light the best we can in a very dark and corrupt world.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.