Monday, September 25, 2023

One Thousand Gifts: Monday, Week Nine


Happy fall!

 




I saw a few American Beauty Berry plants on our walk yesterday.  I love the purple color!


Happy First Week of Fall, Y'all!!!

Do you have any plans this week?  Our devotion for this week reminds us to try to live more in the moment, where God is.  I enjoyed it, and I hope I can focus more on the here and now rather than obsessing over the past and fretting over the future.  Both are wastes of time!

My goal this week other than Bible study is to be in this season, and maybe update our planter for autumn.


This lovely fall container was sent to my inbox via Collier's Nursery.


I hope all of you can live in the moment this week.  I can't wait to read about your experiences!

Here is the scripture for this week's devotion, silk grace:

In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
They will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
Like clothing you will change them
    and they will be discarded.
But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end.
The children of your servants will live in your presence;
    their descendants will be established before you.
~Psalm 102:25-28


Prayer Requests:

  • Pray for Kris's daughter Kim as she only has about two more weeks until she gives birth to her first child.  Let's pray for an easy labor and delivery, and a healthy, happy mom and baby!
  • Pray that the division in our country ends, and that we can truly be one nation under God, and indivisible.
  • Let's continue to pray for our gold star families and our active military.  This past weekend was gold star family weekend.
  • Please pray for Kitty's DIL, Julie, that her heart will change; for SIL, Eric, that he will see some relief for his cervical dystonia; and for her son, Mike, that he will get a job.
  • Carla reminds us that it's not too early to pray for an honest election for all sides running, and that everyone that wants to run can have a fair go at it.
  • Please pray for travel mercies for our daughter Shanley Belle and our son-in-law Christopher as they are traveling in Scotland and will be returning home on Wednesday. 
  • Please pray for my best friend's husband.  His cancer has recurred.
  • Carla and her family are traveling.  They are returning home today.  Please pray for safe travels and travel mercies in all situations.
  • Pray for Kris's husband Terry's mom. She has been taking her to doctors and she has not been doing well health wise.  Prayers she can find strength to know God is not ready for her yet and he still has some things for her to do here on earth.  Please pray she can find ways to cope with her loneliness. 





Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





4 comments

  1. Be here now! I am trying. These lessons are so good. Even in the garden, I've always tended to rush the season, clearing out and anxious to get my fall pansies in. Not this year! I'm happy with letting things go for now, enjoying the lingering blooms of summer. I've got the beautyberry that AL has on its invasive list - early amethyst. It's pretty, but aggressive. I will be cutting it to the ground when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote….Dear Lord, help me to slow down, to quit hurrying and to enjoy the NOW.
    I have volleyball games, Bible study and fun exercising at Lifetime Fitness for this week.
    Prayers continue for our friends. Have a wonderful week. 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweet friend for the prayer requests. Terry's mom is doing a little better God hears our prayers. I am excited to become a Mimi again to a new baby. It has been 7 years since we had a baby in our family. I am sorry about your best friends husband. I am lifting him in prayer. Lifting his wife this has to be so scary and hard and lifting you sweet friend because she is your great friend and it is hard to see someone you love go through this. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear Prayer Warriors,
    Thank you for the prayers and the updates that I read in the comments.
    I have learned as each year passes, that slowing down and enjoying the NOW as Kitty shares is so very important. I continue to work at it. I have gotten much better at it... wish I would have been more intentional with it when my boys were little.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.