Friday, March 8, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Friday, Week Thirty-Two

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How has your week been so far?  What have you been up to?  I've accomplished a lot, checking-off items from my To Do List.  It feels good!

This week's devotion is entitled "lowest grace."  I think this is my favorite one out of what we've read so far.  It is such a wise lesson, that gratitude increases our humility so that God's miracles and gifts can flow down to us.  It is such a sweet lesson about a loving God who wants to shower us with his precious gifts.  We only need to be willing to humble ourselves and accept them.

What are your thoughts about this lesson?  Here is this week's scripture:



Prayer Requests

  • From Carla:  Praying for the family of Laken Riley. My heart breaks for them.  My Texas family asks for prayer regarding the fires and border.
  • I'd also like to add to pray for the families of Mollie Tibbetts and Lizbeth Medina.  These illegal aliens are killing our citizens, and they need to be deported before more lives are lost.
  • Sam is back to his monthly Drill schedule with the Wisconsin National Guard. Prayer request is for strength and wisdom. Longer drill periods have been set for this year.  Pray for the 157th!
  • A group of Wisconsin National Guard will be deploying to Syria. Please continue to pray for our military and military families.
  • Remember Rita's daughters in your prayers as they head into their spring semester of graduate studies while working full-time.  She is particularly concerned about their levels of stress.
  • Please pray for my friend Dawn who is fighting leukemia.
  • Kitty asks that we pray that her Grandson Connor and his dad will make amends; Son Mike will find a job; and Son in law Eric will be able to manage his cervical dystonia.
  • From Carla:  a local 57 year old truck driver was killed by an illegal. The illegal did not have any United States I.D. or a driver's license. He handed the deputies two I.D.'s from Mexico. Praying for the family of the truck driver, leaving behind a wife, children and grandchildren.





I'm off to the salon...I have an appointment at 9:00.
But first....COFFEE!

Have a great weekend!



Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. Happy FriYay! Lowest grace is the highest opportunity for God's grace. I've found myself there, and know of those close to me who have as well. Among other blessings, I thank God for humility.
    Praying for all the intentions written, and for those unmentioned.
    Have a great weekend, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for all. Sorry I have not been around of late. Life is taking me away from the computer. With that said I am praying for all our sweet prayer warriors. Happy Friday. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Thank you for all the prayers.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this week’s lesson, too (actually the last two). Some I must admit, have been hard for me to connect with.
    Eric had the mapping done of his brain and will have two surgeries in April; one the brain implant and then a few weeks later, another implant in his chest. Thank you for prayers for him and my other requests. I will continue to lift all of your requests in prayer.
    I hope your salon visit was relaxing, Ricki Jill. Happy weekend prayer family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.