Monday, March 11, 2024

One Thousand Gifts: Moday, Week Thirty-Three

 



Happy Monday, Sweet Friends!  How was your weekend?  Mine was spent fixing bugs on my blog.  I also got a lot of chores done, too.  I must admit that I'm a wee bit bleary-eyed this morning; the beginning of daylight savings time isn't exactly my favorite time of the year!  

I have not read this week's devotion, but as soon as this post is live, I'll make some coffee, settled down, and read it.  I'm intrigued with the title: "manna grace."  Wouldn't you like to see manna, and then try to make something with it?  It has been described as being like coriander seeds (Numbers 11:7).

Here is this week's scripture:


This verse was part of my daily Bible reading on Saturday!


Before I share the prayer requests... I want to share with you some great news Kitty shared with me over the weekend.  We have diligently been praying that her grandson Connor and his dad would make amends, and they have!  God is so good, and it has been a privilege seeing how he answers our prayers, and it's been super cool to see how he has been working in our families.  


Prayer Requests

  • URGENT FROM CARLA:  A local pastor is currently trapped in Haiti. Pastor Steven Svendsen.  Please pray for his safety and swift evacuation from this dangerous country.
  • From Carla:  Praying for the family of Laken Riley. My heart breaks for them.  My Texas family asks for prayer regarding the fires and border.
  • Let's pray that God will protect our American citizens against foreign entities who want to harm, kill, and destroy.
  • Sam is back to his monthly Drill schedule with the Wisconsin National Guard. Prayer request is for strength and wisdom. Longer drill periods have been set for this year.  Pray for the 157th!
  • A group of Wisconsin National Guard will be deploying to Syria. Please continue to pray for our military and military families.
  • Remember Rita's daughters in your prayers as they head into their spring semester of graduate studies while working full-time.  She is particularly concerned about their levels of stress.
  • Please pray for my friend Dawn who is fighting leukemia.
  • From Carla:  a local 57 year old truck driver was killed by an illegal. The illegal did not have any United States I.D. or a driver's license. He handed the deputies two I.D.'s from Mexico. Praying for the family of the truck driver, leaving behind a wife, children and grandchildren.
  • Kitty asks for prayers for Mike to get a job and that Eric receives relief for his upcoming surgery in April for his brain implant for his cervical dystonia. 







Have a great week!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

5 comments

  1. Praising God for Connor and his Dad reconciling! Ohmygoodness, we are so blessed to have each other in prayer. Thank you, Jesus, thank you, friends!

    I want to share something I received from the Ann Voskamp newsletter. It's a free Lenten devotional, written by Caleb and Miranda Pearson Voskamp (not certain of relationship to Ann but I think her farmer husband's brother and wife?). Anyway, it's another tool for our Lenten season devotion. I hope you enjoy it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deZ9_u5axVPmU6RM8jeHUMO2ONeZeAMj/view

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a postscript to my previous comment, I searched and found that Caleb Voskamp is Ann's son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God.. I thank you so much for sharing the GOOD NEWS. We need to be reminded of those good things.

    Prayer Request,
    A local Pastor, he is currently trapped in Haiti. Pastor Steven Svendsen ...
    For Updates...

    https://www.facebook.com/steven.svendsen/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing my good news of our answered prayers. I will continue to pray for all of our requests. Thank you, Jesus, for this loving, kind and faithful prayer family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.