Friday, September 3, 2021

Friday, Week Five

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  It's been a difficult week, hasn't it, with Hurricane Ida and the debacle and tragedy of Afghanistan.  It's hard to even think of happiness as our nation grieves.

Here is this week's prompt:

What areas of your life feel like they're out of your control?  Do you believe you're able to affect your own happiness as well as the happiness of those around you?

I know that most areas of my life are in God's control, but he does give us free will in how we respond to our circumstances.  (I'm happy that God is in control, and I often need to remind myself that He is.)  I can choose to be happy, or to at least try.  I can choose to have a good attitude, and in everything give thanks.  I know that I can affect my happiness as well as the happiness of those around me, definitely.  Smiles and attitudes are contagious, and I want to be like my favorite uncle,  one of my favorite people I've ever known:  I want to be an encourager, not a discourager.  




What about you?  I look forward to reading your responses.

My prayer request is to still pray for our Gold Star Families.  



Please share your prayer requests in comments, too.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




4 comments

  1. Charles Swindoll quote about attitude is one I have tried to live by and taught my boys to live by.
    "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

    Right now this world is so messed up. The lies that are fed to us on the media are too much.

    A verse I am pondering..

    And aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands as we have instructed you." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Swindoll quote and Bible verse are perfect for this week's guided journaling and for the times in which we're living. I'm placing that verse on our fridge because I really need to turn off the lies and create, make beautiful things and meals for my family. I also need to remain in God's Word and read positive things. Thanks, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that attitude has a major impact on me and others, but I often get caught up in being way too focused for my own good, no matter what it is I'm devoting my time to. Aging hasn't helped my intensity as much as I'd hoped, but having more free time in retirement at least lets me try to hone my attention to a manageable degree. I do not watch the news, just read headlines from certain sources. I try to keep my focus on family, and had lots of smiles all around with Baby J, my Panoply sisters, and my brother. This past week has been very busy. We have something major brewing, will share soon. Have a Sunday fun day. I love the Thessalonians verse Carla posted above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby J is adorable! :D I can't wait to hear the scoop about what's brewing....You are teasing us, LOL! I agree about the Bible verse that Carla shared....I'm putting it on the sidebar!

      Delete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.