Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saturday, Week Seven

 





Hello, Friends!  I'm so sorry that I'm a day late with my post.  


Let's take a look at this week's prompt:


Write about how you have felt encouraged by scripture or people in your life.


First, I want to thank Kris for her sweet gift of Anne Neilson's beautiful devotional book.  I just finished one (I'll share it with you next week), and I started on the new one today.  


Today's lesson focused on the word "love."  All the lessons in the book focus on a positive, empowering word with scripture references.


Y'all have all encouraged me this week, and I'm so happy to know so many prayer warriors.

Two Bible verses from my Bible study this week encouraged me.  One was:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come."
Proverbs 31:25

This verse has been popping up all over the place lately, and it screams confidence to me.
 
And the second one is:

"Christ gave each one of us the special gift of grace, showing how generous he is."
Ephesians 4:7 (NCV)

This verse reminds me of Christ's lavish generosity.

What about you?   How have you been encouraged this week?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill






5 comments

  1. Such great bible verses and how true they relate to our lives. Happy Sunday. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've had a super weekend! I am loving my devotional. It's giving me positive words and scripture to focus on, and I'll probably choose one of the 40 words for my 2022 Word of the Year.

      Delete
  2. Ricki Jill, my life has been a little crazy this past week, and I see that being pretty much the same in the coming weeks ahead. I was encouraged by the realtor this week, and am praying for a buyer to bless us quickly. I was also encouraged by a scripture someone posted in a comment I read on a message thread in a group: Timothy 5:8 - "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." Charity begins at home. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my husband's favorite Bible verses. It encourages him to always be there for us as a provider and protector. Charity truly does begin at home. I will pray for a buyer for your home, someone who will love it and enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I recently enjoyed a coffee date with one of my dear friends. We both have been uneasy about the vaccines for our young people. She has a dear young friend who just got married, she and her husband have been advised not to get the vaccine by their doctor, because they want to have children. Praying.. Praying.. for our young people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.