Friday, January 7, 2022

Friday, Week Twenty-Three

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  God has a sense of humor, doesn't he!  Here we are, in the midst of Omicron, and we're talking about greeting each other with hugs and kisses!  He knew that we'd be reading this guided journaling page this week, LOL!  Shelley was quarantined because so many of her coworkers have it, and I know of several people who have it now.

So here is this week's writing prompt:

Do you typically greet someone with a handshake, hug, or high five?  How does it feel to be greeted by others in this way?

I'm definitely a hugger, so I tend to hug people I know well when greeting them.  At church, during the exchanging of the peace, I tend to shake hands unless I know someone well.  Between the exchanging of the peace and holy communion, it will be months before I can go back to church in person, unfortunately!  I watch it on YouTube.

What about you???  I bet you Midwesterners are big huggers.  



Prayer requests?  I am feeling pretty well, and I know it's because of prayer and God's goodness and mercy towards me.  Thanks for praying, y'all!  


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




4 comments

  1. Ricki Jill, I'm so glad you're feeling pretty well. With so many family members having Covid (including Baby J, which makes me incredibly sad), it's a small miracle that you're able to keep it away. So glad Shelley is quarantined. I really hate what Covid is doing to interpersonal interaction. I have felt hesitant to hug and kiss baby J as much as I'd like to ever since her birth. Maybe once she has antibodies and her own immune system strengthened, I won't feel it as much. Keeping you in prayer, esp knowing how rampant this crap is. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with some fun activities planned or prompted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so good to know that you’re feeling “pretty well”, Ricki Jill! I am a hugger for sure. I know people are being careful, but I can’t live in fear, I just can’t. I know you must be extra cautious right now and I am so glad that you feel the prayers and that they’re working. Prayers continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a hugger too but since Covid that has kind of been put on hold. I am so happy you have been staying well. Covid is so bad right now. We know so many with it even Terry got a break through with being Vaxxed and Boostered. This new version of Covid is that strong. With all you are going through your immunity is weak so I am praying you stay well. Keeping prayers going for you. You are an amazing angel and show us God's Grace. Happy Weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Friend,
    I am so thankful to hear you are doing well.
    Continuing to pray for you.
    Praying for all of those with the variant. Several friends here have it too.
    Lots of love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.