Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday, Week Forty-Four

 


French peonies that change color




Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a great week.  I've been confused the entire week because I had chemo on Tuesday rather than Monday due to Memorial Day!

This week's writing prompt is very personal and compelling:

Have you experienced the forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ?  If so, write about when you first felt forgiven by him and how that changed you.  If not, write about why you might be hesitant to accept God's forgiveness.  Be as honest as you can be.


I have experienced the forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ, but the first time I felt forgiven was a very long time ago.  However, I do remember that when I first studied the following verse: It truly shed new light on what it actually means to be completely forgiven and able to live free from fear:

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."  1 John 4:18



Do y'all have any prayer requests?  I want to thank all of you for your prayers.  My doctors can't get over how I've recovered from my concussion and all the scratches and bruises I received from my fall.  I will be able to have more screen time this weekend, and I'm happy about that!  Also, my LAST CHEMO SESSION is MONDAY!!!  I'll get to ring the bell!  😌


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. Oh my golly, it makes me emotional to think of you ringing that bell, Ricki Jill. I honestly don't feel any great memories of being forgiven, does that sound bad? It certainly doesn't mean I'm an angel, far from it. I just couldn't come to remember a single occasion. I've practiced forgiveness, to be sure. Have a wonderful weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. RJ I am so excited for you that your last chemo is Monday and you ring that bell girl! I am so happy you are feeling better from your fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.