Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday, Week Forty-Seven




 


This week's scripture


Happy Friday, Friends!   I hope your week has been a good one.  Mine has been filled with tons of appointments, and it looks like my surgery will be on Tuesday, July 5th.  The funerals for the three victims at St. Stephen's were held on Wednesday and Thursday.  I appreciate your prayers for their families and our church community.



This week's guided journaling prompt is:

How would you describe the love of God?  Write down any word, phrase, or image that comes to mind when you think about God's love.


The first image that comes to mind is Jesus and his love for children.  Today's society doesn't value children, and it breaks my heart how they're being treated, groomed, and abused.  It breaks Jesus's tender heart, too.


What about you?



Prayer requests?


Supposedly the Supreme Court will be handing down a ruling on Roe v. Wade today, and I'd like to ask y'all to pray for peace and for peaceful demonstrations.  


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. The overturned ruling is in! Yes, praying for peace. Well, I know you wanted the surgery sooner rather than later, but I'm glad it's scheduled!
    I'd like to pray for my former neighbors. They are fighting a valiant fight to reclaim the safety of their home. Not all are coming forward out of fear, but I pray they will, and that they help fight to get our city to return to a city of law, order, and safety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it was sad to have the three church members laid to rest. I know they are with God and feeling pure love. When I think of God I think of his unconditional love for us. What a blessing and gift to have. I will keep prayers going for you and your surgical team as you have your surgery on July 5th. As your journey continues to freedom from cancer know your prayer warriors continue to ask for God's Grace and love for you. Happy Weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so very sorry about your church members, Ricki Jill. What sorrow. I am with you in Prayers for children of this world. I’m thankful that Roe v Wade was overturned, and prayers for the justices and their families and for peace.
    Thank you for letting us know about your upcoming surgery on the 5th. That’s the day my second oldest grandson, Riley, leaves for Army bootcamp. Prayers would be appreciated for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you my dear friend. This has been a very difficult month for many of us.
    Sending lots of love your way.

    Praying for our nation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.