Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday, Week Forty-Six

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  It has been so hot here this week, and our air conditioner went out last might.  We slept surprisingly well considering, and our neighbor and friend had it fixed by 8:00 AM this morning.  What a blessing!  We're under another heat advisory today.

Here is the scripture for this week's guided journaling:



And here is our writing prompt:

Spend some time reflecting on God's forgiveness toward you.  Let his love wash over you.  Let his forgiveness fully cover you.  Write down a prayer in response.


I won't share my entire prayer here, but I've read a lot of scripture lately about God's lovingkindness and patience towards us.  I am thankful that God is quick to forgive and slow to anger.  

Prayer requests?  Carla had several this week, and if you missed them, her requests are in Monday's comments.  Do you have any updates, Carla?  I would also like to pray for fellow blogger Jackie @ the Purple Chocolat Home Blog.  She is recovering from hip and gallbladder surgery.





UPDATE:  I wrote this post yesterday before the shootings at my church.  Please see yesterday's post if you haven't read it yet.  I have heard from all of my close friends from church except for one.  Please pray for St. Stephen's as we go through this difficult time.  


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

4 comments

  1. I keep googling the news from your area to try to make sense of the active shooting at your church last night. And back to Carla's prayer requests and the 17 yo who committed suicide. So many are crying for help. I really wish we could have more mental health hospitals. I know several who have personally taken the suicide route or attempted it.
    We had storms on Monday that took out power for many, and this heat has been no joke all week long. You're very fortunate to have a neighbor friend fix yours so quickly!
    Everyone have a peaceful weekend. Be kind. Pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your church family.

    Please give us any updates.

    Thank you for praying for our neighbors as they grieve the loss of their son.

    I am so happy you have A/C again!!! We are going to be getting HOT here. For Northwest Wisconsin 90's and 100's is HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers will be said for Carla’s neighbors. They must be so devastated. Prayers for your church members, Ricki Jill. I am grateful that you weren’t cleared to attend your church service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for Carla's neighbor that lost their young son. So sad he was just starting out in life. I am so sorry to hear about the church shooting for you RJ. This is so scary. Glad you were not there. Keeping prayers going for all. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.