Monday, June 20, 2022

Monday, Week Forty-Seven

 


First Rose of Sharon blossoms of the season


Thank-you, Friends, for your prayers and support of my church family.  I have not been cleared to be in crowds, and I won't be able to go back to church until after my surgery.  I do watch on YouTube, and today's Holy Eucharist service was heart-breaking.  Our Rector did such a fantastic job, and so did our other priest.  Their words were so comforting, and today's reading from the gospels was my favorite passage in the Bible, John Chapter 1.  

Please continue to pray.  There were therapists at church today, and the children had an emotional support dog for children's chapel.  

I am numb.  I'm trying hard not to be, but right now, honestly, I am.  

We are starting on the last unit in our book, and its focus is God's love.  If y'all want to continue a weekly devotion or guided journaling, please start looking around your local bookshops and let me know.  I can email y'all what you find, and we can vote on it.




Do you have any prayer requests?

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. Wishing you a wonderful week. Prayers continue for your worship family and friends. Keep us posted on your surgery date so we can keep prayers going for you sweet friend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how your entire congregation must feel. The idea of a service dog for the children is wonderful. I like the new chapter we're entering in our Happy Today. I do want to continue our weekly devotional, and will try to focus on suggestions.
    I do have a prayer request for my oldest daughter. She had a biopsy last week, and I pray it is unremarkable in evaluation, and that her condition is resolved without more agressive treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers continue for your church family, Ricki Jill. I can understand how you must feel. Please let us know when your surgery will be scheduled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.