Friday, March 25, 2022

Friday, Week Thirty-Four






Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a lovely week so far.

Let's take a look at this week's writing prompt involving intercessory ministry:



Next time you are in a crowded place, begin praying for those around you, whether you know them or not.  Record how this affected your mood.

I'm still not going out in public much, but that will change in a couple of weeks (but it will be restricted to small groups of people).  I actually started praying for the people around me in the chemo room on Monday because I knew that it would be the only time I would be around people, and I thought that they could certainly use intercessory prayer.  I was humbled when a lady getting an infusion (but not a cancer patient) walked over and wanted to pray over my chemo because she noticed the chemo nurses monitoring me intently because it was my first time taking the Taxol.  People are often allergic to it, and I had to get a Benadryl infusion first.  I had absolutely no problems with it, which means I probably won't for the rest of the time.  However, there is a concern for neuropathy, so please pray that I don't have that with this therapy.





How about you?  Did you try this at some point this week?  Do you have any prayer requests?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. How wonderful that you weren’t effected by Taxol, Ricki Jill, and that someone prayed over you. How nice that you prayed for the people in the chemo room. I like the idea of praying for those around us. For my son’s third back surgery, the surgeon asked if he could pray over him. I loved that.
    Thank you for prayers for Ella. I saw her yesterday and she’s still tired and a little sore from where they did the insertion in her legs. Kids heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you could handle the Taxol. With handling the red devil and now Taxol you are a cancer warrior for sure. What a beautiful way to pray. I know God hears our prayers and what a heartfelt way to talk to him and pray for those around you with cancer. Being positive and prayerful has shown in studies cancer patients do so much better with their treatment. You are a great example of that. Happy Saturday. Have a good weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Friend,
    Thank you for the update. I continue to pray for you daily.
    I did pray for strangers this week. Our world is so full of evil, hate and ugly and I just prayed for those who's attitudes were being taken over by all the negative, see a glimmer of light.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.