Friday, August 26, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Four

 


Shame does not come from God!  It comes from the enemy as he tries to influence our minds.


Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope your week has been a good one.

I enjoyed this week's lesson about shame, and I really enjoyed all the biblical references shared in it:

For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 
~1 Corinthians 15:25

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  
~Romans 8:1

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
~Romans 16:20







I also wanted to share with you the artwork referenced in the lesson:


Virgin Mary Consoles Eve
Sister Grace Remington
Pencil and crayon
(unsure of size)


Do you have any thoughts about the lesson?  What about prayer requests?

Here are a few ongoing requests:

  • Kitty's son, Mike, and his job search
  • Kris's recovery from kidney stone surgery
  • Rita and her work with her brother's disability case
  • Carla's son Sam's training and deployment

Also, please pray for the clergy at my church.  Pray that they can delegate so they can get much needed rest.  They have been through so much the past couple of months!  




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing the artwork referenced in this week's theme. It's more modern than I anticipated, but the imagery is how I expected it.
    I believe shame is born out of a conscientious mindset rooted in teachings of right/wrong and a desire to want to do right. It's uplifting to know we are supported in releasing shame!
    Continued prayers for all the requests named here, and for your good health, my friend. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this Ricki Jill. I am a little late but love this. Will be praying for those in need as well as you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.