Friday, August 12, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Two

 


Happy Friday, Friends!

I hope you had a lovely week!  I started iron infusions on Wednesday, and I have five more to go.  I'll be headed over to the cancer center in a bit for my second one.  Hopefully this will help my energy levels.

Speaking of energy, I don't have enough of it to waste on anxiety, so I'm all for kicking anxiety to the curb!  Didn't y'all enjoy this week's lesson!!!  Our scripture encouraging us to "let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers" is a sound plan to ease anxiety.

More scripture from the lesson:


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

The above scripture certainly puts things into an eternal perspective, although sometimes it is difficult while we are in the midst of a storm.  

Although prayer and studying God's word are the two most powerful tools we have to combat anxiety, what other practical things can we do to kick anxiety to the curb?


Prayer requests?

Let's continue praying for Kris as she awaits kidney stone surgery.  I have been praying that they would pass easily and quickly!  Also, Kitty's son Mike is looking for a job as his former company decided to close.  He's a talented artist, and he has experience with creating video games.  Rita, do you have an update on your brother in law?


Have a great weekend!  Make sure to check back later for prayer requests in comments.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




3 comments

  1. Thank you today's reflections, Ricki Jill. I hope your iron infusions go well, and that your body accepts the boosts without side effects.
    My bil went home Sunday and is doing remarkably better this week! He's even gone out a few times in the morning, and resting in the afternoons.
    I had a taxing week, working on situations with/for my brother. Then, out of the blue, I developed an abscess on a 12 yr molar that I am nursing with the help of my dental team. I've had a couple days a high pain, just watching the clock and waiting for a next dose of relief for the pain and infection. Not fun.
    But, I am definitely better today, and we are having beautiful, slightly cooler and less humid weather. Always look for something positive, that helps with anxiety, I've found. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for requesting prayers for my son, Mike. I will continue to pray for you, Kris, and Rita. That’s wonderful news about Rita’s bil. Happy weekend to the prayer warriors. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for all our Happy Warriors.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.