Friday, August 19, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Three

 


This arrangement is from a local farmer.  They offer flower subscriptions similar to yours, Carla!

Happy Friday, Friends!  What a week!  We finally had our microwave repaired and reinstalled, and I had my LAST iron infusion this morning.  YAY!  Next week's posts should be on time in the early morning hours, hopefully.  Thanks for your patience with me the past couple of weeks!

This week's lesson is: "When You Don't Feel Good Enough."  Comparisons to others aren't always healthy, and I did enjoy this lesson so much!  

Let's take a look at the scripture for this week, 2 Timothy 2:21-22 (MSG):

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets—some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage. Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.

 



The gist of the lesson is to appreciate and follow the path God has given each of us.  I love how Jesus responded to Peter when he inquired about how John would die.  Here is his response:


When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” ~John 21:21-22


One lesson I will share with you is one I've learned during all these years of taking art classes.  Artists can't continue creating art if they're constantly comparing themselves to other artists.  My teacher Dori told me early on not to ever compare my art to anyone else because I'm unique.  Instead, I should compare my art to where I was one year ago, or even five years ago.  That really helped me because it made me focus on my improvement. 

The same can be said for our walk with God.  If we try to see improvement in our faith as compared to our past, hopefully we'll be encouraged rather than being covetous of someone else's ministry/walk.



Are any of you looking forward to the return of all things pumpkin spice and other autumn coffee drinks?  I know I am!


Prayer requests?  I have read your requests from Monday, and I have been praying for y'all.  I haven't answered any emails this week, and I'm going to do so on my phone in a little while.  I'm still getting some help with these posts (thanks, Shelley).  

Please continue to pray for my healing.  I saw my surgeon on Wednesday, and now Trip is having to pack my wound twice a day for at least another month.  This is putting off radiation for a long time, unfortunately.  I am gaining a little use of my arm, but it is still worrisome.  




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




3 comments

  1. Well, the wound situation is, I suppose, another lesson in patience at the very least. I hope it heals sooner rather than later, and the good news is the betterment of use of your arm. And yay to the completion of the iron infusions!
    I love the metric of only comparing ourselves to where we were a year (insert whatever timeframe) to where we were previously. I know I have grown in so many ways.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you. I thought maybe you were not posting. Sorry to be long in coming. I am glad your arm is healing. So sorry you are having such a hard time with it. Prayers you start to feel better. I will re sign up so I get notified when you post. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to re sign up too, so I get notified when you post, I am still not getting your posts via e mail.
    I will try again.

    Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.