Friday, September 9, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Six

 





Good Morning and Happy Friday, Friends!  Because of the short week, I almost forgot today's post!  I loved this week's lesson "When Joy Eludes You" because it's reminiscent of what we studied last year about happiness.  One of the Points of Connection this week is the difference between happiness and joy.  For me, happiness is a reaction to what's going on in our lives, and it doesn't necessarily last as long as joy.  Joy is more consistent, and it lives in our hearts because of God's love and grace towards us.


Our lesson also includes a few passages from the Psalms:

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
~Psalm 5:11

Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
~Psalm 103:2





Friends, I find it easy to maintain a joyful heart even during trials if I stay focused on the true source for joy.

What about you?  What are your thoughts about the lesson?




What about prayer requests?

Here are a few I've been praying for, and if there are any updates or additions, please let us know in comments!

  • Carla's son Sam will be deployed on October 2nd.
  • Rita's neighbors are grieving over the loss of a family member, and the celebration of life was this past weekend.
  • Kris is recovering so well from her kidney surgery, but let's continue to pray that she'll continue to heal well.
  • Kitty's son Mike, a talented artist, is looking for employment.
  • Jolene has been traveling (travel mercies) and she has two family members who need our prayers.
  • I am recovering exponentially, and am now able to use my left arm for almost everything!




I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




3 comments

  1. Thank you for the prayer requests and updates, Ricki Jill. I’ll continue to pray and I appreciate the prayers for Mike. I’m happy that you’re doing well. Have a joyful weekend! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayer requests and praise reports.

    Continued prayers for all. Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the prayer updates, Ricki Jill. Although I missed tuning in yesterday, I was a happy girl to get some fall landscape completed while working alongside the crew. A joyful heart comes in sharing each others' needs and praises and keeping each other in prayer. I appreciate all of you. I will have oral surgery this week, and though I don't expect complications, I will appreciate being remembered in your prayers for quick and complete healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.