Friday, January 20, 2023

TLWS: Friday, Week Twenty-Five

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How are y'all?  I hope all of you are healthy this week.  The stomach flu has been going around here (I have several friends who've had it), but so far, no one in our household has been ill with it.



What did y'all think about Maggie's Ten Commandments of Friendship?  Which one got your attention?

I can remember a friend telling me once that when I was troubled, I should take it to the throne, not the phone, meaning that I should first pray about it, and then seek advice from wise friends.  So for me, the first one hit home.




Here are a few prayer requests.  If you have any that I forgot or that you'd like to add, please leave a comment.  


  • Pray for Carla's son Sam and the rest of our troops, especially those who are deployed.  Pray for our military's leadership.
  • Prayers for Kitty's grandson Riley for when he leaves for South Korea in February, and for her daughter Molly, that she can handle it. Prayers would be appreciated for her Marine grandson Connor, for his faith.
  • Pray for Kris's husband Terry and his new job:  He started this week.
  • I have a doctor's appointment Monday.
  • Pray for our country, that God will unite us.
  • Pray for the health of our families.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





4 comments

  1. I loved this lesson, and especially #4, "Remember thy friend's special days, to keep them happy". I so cherish my friends from many years past. Just this week I was able to have lunch with 2 friends from grade school (!), celebrating their birthdays, and to catch up on the phone with a childhood friend as well. Your friend's words of wisdom were just that, I'll remember that one now too.
    I hope to hear an update with your mom's tests this week.
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but my #2's family is in a vicious cycle of sickness. Mom and Dad are both so sick with the stomach flu, and the baby had a slight case, with her one ear relentlessly infected. Please pray for their complete healing. Daughter #1 is keeping J overnight so parents can try to recover. I'm having feelings of inadequacy as a Mimi while trying to weigh the risks for my own household's health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your friend’s sharing wisdom of taking it to the throne. I will pray for all and for Rita’s dear family.
    I haven’t ask for this before, but please add one of my daughter’s in law for a change in her heart. I listen to a daily reflection every morning, and this hit home for me, that Jeff Cavins shared: Lord, Do whatever you can to get to the heart of my family member (or friend), because I can’t figure them out.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your advice, take it to the throne, not the phone. Thank you for that!

    Prayer request.. I am seeking treatment for some pain issues. I had my first treatment on Friday. I have two treatments next week Wednesday and Thursday. I am praying for my doctor to have wisdom and guidance as we tackle this pain issue.
    Thank you,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to find your website / blog today. Thank you for sharing your love for Jesus Christ. I will remember you and your family in my prayers with hopes you do not get that flu bug!

    Happy New Year and looking forward to checking out your blog more often.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.