Friday, January 6, 2023

TLWS: Friday, Week Twenty-Three

 


Happy Epiphany, Friends!  Today our Eastern Orthodox brothers and sisters celebrate Christmas.

I loved this week's reflection, and I especially like the title:  Aging Gratefully.  Maggie covered a whole lot of issues concerning our older demographic, and I especially liked reading what scripture says about how we should approach our older years:

For through wisdom your days will be many,
    and years will be added to your life.
~Proverbs 9:11

Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
    it is attained in the way of righteousness.
~Proverbs 16:31

Even to your old age and gray hairs
    I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
    I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
~Isaiah 46:4


I love the promised made in these verses, don't you?




Prayer requests?

We have several requests from Rita.  Her family is under attack, and we need to lift them up!

Please pray for:

  • Rita's daughter M who has had a terrible GI bug.
  • Rita's granddaughter Baby J is in the hospital with RSV.
  • Daughter M's family dog had surgery today (a Welsh terrier).
  • Rita has a praise that daughter B is over her illness!
  • Let's also lift up daughter M's manager who has been so kind to M during her illnesses and her family's illnesses.  Thank-you, God, that M has such an understanding and kind manager!






If y'all have any requests, place them in Comments or email me!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill







3 comments

  1. I can't thank you all enough for prayers. Baby J is still not out of the woods. She developed another ear infection and the same GI bug her mama had. The praise is in the word HAD - mama is better! Hoping J can be weaned off the O2 within the next day so she may go home Sun. Daddy & mama are toggling hospital and home to keep up with the family pet, laundry and baby J at hospital. Love this week's lesson and verse "I will sustain you amd rescue you". Happy epiphany. I left my nativity up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Epiphany, prayer warriors! I am praying for Rita’s family and will continue. Ricki Jill, you are always prayed for each day.
    Please pray that my son, Mike, will find work again. He was on contract work and I’m praying that the company will get funding to be able to use Mike again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Praying for all our Warriors and lifting Rita's family up in prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.