Monday, July 10, 2023

TLWS: Monday, Week Fifty

 


Happy Monday, Friends!  

I'm finally back in Birmingham after spending ten days at the lake.  Our internet was not working up to par, and cell service isn't the best, especially on holidays.  It's like game day at a major university: The cell towers can't handle the influx of phones!

I have news about my friend Pat: She went home to be with her LORD and SAVIOR on July 3rd.  Pat's niece called me the morning of the fourth.  I am so sad, but I'm also happy for her.  She did not suffer because she never regained consciousness after surgery.  Prayers for her family would be appreciated.

Also, today is your last chance to submit a new devotional.  Please email me your choices, and I will send out an email either Tuesday or Wednesday with the list.


I haven't read this week's reflection yet, but this is one of the scriptural references.



This is not a scriptural reference from our lesson, but I've seen this verse several times the past week, so I thought I would share.


ALSO:  Have you seen the movie The Sound of Freedom ?  Please consider seeing it at your local theater this week if you haven't seen it yet.


Prayer Requests:

  • Please pray for Kitty as she's visiting Colorado this week to spend time with her son's family.
  • Pray for Sam and the 157th.
  • Pray for Kris's daughter's pregnancy. 
  • Pray for my friend Pat's family.  
  • Continue to pray for Rita's BIL's recovery.


If there are any new requests, please share them in the Comments section.




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



3 comments

  1. Hello Friend,
    Thank you for mentioning Sound of Freedom. Sadly, I heard some think it is conspiracy. That disgusted me when I heard that.

    I am praying for your friends family and for you. A loss of a friend is difficult.

    My dad's sister died this past week. She is the first of the four siblings to die.
    RIP ~ Aunt Marcy
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who've highly recommended Sound of Freedom, and wept while watching it. I've just read our weekly reflection, it is good. Thank you for all the prayer updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers for my daughter having her first baby. The baby is growing and moving and it is so sweet and heartwarming to see her smile each time with this sweet little baby inside. I am sorry about your friend leaving but it is good she has gone to Heaven and is at peace. Praying for everyone in our circle. Glad you had a good trip to the lake. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.