Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday, Week Nine

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope y'all have had a great week.  Mine has been fairly eventful. 

We have a few prayer requests:

  • Kitty's Grandson Connor is coming home this month.  Praise God!  
  • Some of us are having issues with neighbors.  Please pray for understanding and peace!
  • Rita is moving!  She is super-excited, and she has a lot of work to do.  Pray for her transition.

If you have any prayer requests you'd like to add to this list, please share in comments or via email.

Also, I wanted to share with you a devotional I finished a week or so ago:


I enjoyed this devotional, but it was a little distressing because several of the lessons centered around freedoms we are quickly losing.  It is definitely an interesting read for the times we're currently living in.

Below is this week's prompt:

Write about a time someone older or wiser than you had a Michelangelo impact on your life.  What did that person say or do to encourage you?


When I was a young teacher and mother, our school's superintendent gave me some advice that I can't share publicly, but it had a huge impact on my life not only as a teacher but also as a mother.  He shared something very personal from his life about his sister, and I will never forget it.

What about you?

Have a blessed weekend, Friends.  I hope you're enjoying beautiful October weather!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill









5 comments

  1. Thank you for mentioning Connor and yes PRAISE to Our Lord for that great blessing.
    Happ weekend, Ricki Jill. 🙏🏻🥰🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayer intention. I have and will keep all of these in my prayers. My mother gave me a letter before my first marriage that had that impact on my life, but I was stubborn at the time. I wish I had heeded her words. Our October is beautiful. I hope yours is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Weekend RJ. Prayers for Rita as she is excited about having a house again. Glad little Conner is home and doing better. My grandmother always had great advice and stories to share with me as I was growing up and those have always stuck with me. She had such a great soul and good outlook on life no matter what in our crazy world was going on. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying along with all our Happy Warriors.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave a new prayer intention. My son who lives here with me, had his good friend die of an overdose yesterday. Please pray for his family, in Jesus’ name.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.