Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday, Week Forty-One

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How is your week so far?  

Have you been thinking about forgiveness a lot this week?  I have been, and I really like the quote from this week's lesson:

"Forgiveness is simply the act of changing your attitude toward the offender: it's moving from a desire to harm toward an openness to be at peace."

Here is this week's writing prompt:

Write about someone in your life you need to forgive.  Why haven't you forgiven this person?  What could forgiveness look like in this particular circumstance?

I have had a difficult time forgiving someone who tried to embarrass me in a public forum.  I was set-up.  What helped me forgive this person is I realized that he is a very miserable, bitter, and hateful person.  He's also a bully.  My thoughts about this person turned from anger to pity.  I truly pity him because he clearly does not have joy in his heart, and I find that so sad.

What about you?


I have been living off caffeine this week because I haven't been sleeping due to steroids.  It seems to get worse weekly!

Prayer requests?  Please pray for rest for me.




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



1 comment

  1. I will pray for your rest. My mind works overtime routinely, and I know yours is active too.. I can't imagine what steroids would do.
    I definitely was enlightened by that quote of changing the attitude in forgiveness. Instead of being angry, I think the best thing I could do in changing my attitude is to live a good life. That is what I've been doing the past 24 yrs. Today is the 24th anniversary of the divorce of the marriage I had for the 20 years before that, both which happened on this date.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.