Friday, May 20, 2022

Friday, Week Forty-Two



Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a good week.  Mine has been great because I hired a service to help me clean house.  What a blessing, yet it is hard for me to let go of control around here.  Thankfully their work is better than mine!

I thought that today's lesson was interesting, featuring the Duke University study about emotional stability and how it is related to forgiveness.

Here is this week's writing prompt:

Write about a time you let go of a grudge against someone else.  How did you feel after you let go?  What helped you forgive that person?


I have to be careful in my answer because local people/friends read this, and I don't want to rat anyone out, LOL.  ;P   What I can say is that once I realized how miserable the person was, my anger turned to sympathy.  Occasionally I still pray for this person who wronged me, and I know that it has changed me (not the situation, but me).

What about you???



 I hope you have a lovely weekend.  Do y'all have any prayer requests?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



2 comments

  1. I learned a long time ago that anger is an easy emotion to hang onto but it does so much damage to your mind, body and spirit. When I let go of anger I do feel a peace come over me. Forgiveness then can happen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I too found out how miserable the person who wronged me was.. it did help me understand a wee bit more why she did what she did.

    Prayer request:
    I had theft this week in my Flower Shack, bouquets and money. The first time and I started my Self Serve in 2012. Oh Hmmm.. anyway, I am praying it was a one time thing.. and praying what to do if it happens again.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.