Friday, October 21, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Twelve

 


Happy Friday, Friends!  Week One of radiation treatments is in the books...YAY!  I have truly felt your prayers, and I want to thank you for praying for me.

This week's scripture is so encouraging, especially this part:  "...pray that he'll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something."  I am going to pray this prayer everyday this upcoming week, starting today.  I could certainly use a little bit of God's energy!  What about you?  Did you enjoy this lesson?  I did.  I could relate to the idea that I'm usually unrealistic about what I can accomplish in a day, especially this past year.  We do have so many distractions that aren't that important, especially when it comes to our digital lives.  

I would love to read your thoughts about the lesson in Comments.



Do you have any prayer requests?  Here are a few that I'm aware of for this weekend:

  • Rita's granddaughter Baby J had ear tube surgery this week.  Please pray that they work well, and that Baby J ceases to have ear infections.
  • Carla's son Sam and his brigade are doing well at Fort Hood, and next week they will depart for Djibouti.  Let's remember to pray for them as they finish training and travel to East Africa.
  • Kris's daughter is getting married this weekend!  Let's pray for the happy couple.
  • Kitty's son Mike is still seeking a job, and her granddaughter (who has been going through a difficult time) is a little better, but let's continue to pray.
  • I have three more weeks of radiation therapy.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. "...pray that he'll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something."

    I was going to share that the following spoke to me. It spoke to me in so many ways.
    I also was moved by.. "Pray that our God will make you fit for what he's called you to be." I am praying that for Sam and his brigade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy that one of your radiation treatments is behind you. I’ll continue to pray for all the requests and thank you for including mine. Have a peaceful weekend wrapped in much love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for week 1 of radiation down! I did pray for you and all the others. Baby J is doing great, amd my bil was able to go home Friday (6 days in hospital, 3 in the ER due to staffing issues). Like Carla, the part of this week's lesson which spoke directly to me was "Pray that our God will make you fit for what he's called you to be." I think being an advocate for my family must be my calling at this stage of my life, and I have prayed I can answer the call when necessary. Happy wedding day to the Vavra family!❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.