Friday, November 11, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Fifteen


A lovely description for how God shows compassion to His people


Happy Friday, Friends!  I am happy to report that I made it through radiation, and I celebrated by having lunch with my friend Pat.  For dessert I had a pumpkin spice cloud 9 served in a martini glass.  YUM!  :D  My friends and family have been great to me this week (and that includes y'all).  I am truly blessed!  Thank you so, so much for your prayers during treatment.  You mean the world to me!

This week's reflection (Reflection 15) could not have come at a better time for me.  My cancer treatment is behind me (forever, I pray), and I will slowly but surely begin to feel strong again.  I'm already experiencing friends and acquaintances asking me to become involved in community service (at church and with other organizations).  The main question from the lesson is this:

What factors help you discern whether a need constitutes a call?


I feel like I'm starting over, because in a way, I am.  I had to give-up service during treatment.  So I'm asking y'all because I want to learn from your wisdom: How do you answer the above question?

Here are the other biblical references for this week's reflection:











Prayer requests?

I'd like to pray for discernment for us when deciding whether or not to take on a ministry or other opportunities to provide service or comfort.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


 

1 comment

  1. I'm so incredibly grateful for your journey's end so far, and for your mindful determination to overcome it, Ricki Jill.
    To answer your question of how to determine whether a need constitutes a call....sometimes it's literally a gut instinct, other times it's in trying to get more information before reacting, and then again it can merely be a gut reaction.
    Happy week ending.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.